1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Great truck!
By DaveMo on 12/14/08 14:32 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new. I had always wanted a 4x4 and I had a great excuse when I bought a new house with a treacherous driveway. I put about 40k on the truck in the first three years but have not put on 10k since. I have loaded this truck with a pallet of concrete blocks, yards and yards of gravel and many other things that were way over it's rated capacity. Never even made a groan. Very capable off-road. Interior comfort is as good as it could be in a small truck. Somewhere around 40k miles I think I hurt the engine off-roading and over- revving. It makes a weird rattling sound at high RPMs, but I've been driving it anyway and nothing has happened yet.

Best truck
By Don on 11/20/08 19:00 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck in 1998 for $10K with 42,000 miles. Currently at 145,000 miles and nothing has broken. Aggressive maintenance practices using only factory parts have proven to be effective. The best truck I've ever owned - the 22RE engine is the finest example of Japanese engineering, wish the top 3 auto makers in the US would model their quality design efforts.

Wow...
By Brando on 11/14/08 12:46 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had this truck for almost a year now. This has been the least reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it and since then have spent almost 2000 fixing things that have broken over time - alternator (4 times!), battery, distributor, starter (twice), and things that I have yet to fix - cruise control, alternator (again). Nothing on this vehicle ever actually gets fixed. I have yet to drive it for a month without something expensive breaking.

My Spiderman Rocks!!
By Aijuswananrun on 05/29/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Spiderman (because it's red) has loved me well passed 170k. I was a junior in high school when my dad brought it home with 52k on it. No problems ever! Reg gas and oil change, belts etc. Due to my inexperience in life, the alternator belt broke and I keep driving. I didn't mean to hurt my spidey. It overheated and now I suffer from a misfiring cylinder? I was driving some 400mi from my parents home back to college in the middle of nowhere when this happened.

Impressive little truck
By daniel on 05/26/08 19:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck to drive back and forth to college. I needed something good on gas but something that I could also drive in the winter time in our unpredictable weather. But after i was done with college i decided to keeo the truck i put a lot of miles on it in a pretty short period of time and it runs just as good as the day i first drove. No mechanical defects. Well built. Built to last and built right. Toyota tuff.

Reliable
By Houstonians on 04/22/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was bought with 140k and has had some minor wear and tear problems. Such as radiator, battery, alternator but nothing major. This is a great truck has been able to handle lot of demand (Houston traffic). Now it has over 250k and keeps going. Great investment. Have had many offers and has never been for sale.

Best used truck ever!
By Lionsfoot on 03/06/08 17:45 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had this truck for ten years now. Its been the best money I have ever spent. I purchased at 88000 miles. Extremely reliable and low maintenance. Good fuel economy and very nice handling for a truck. In the last decade I've replaced the starter and a battery thats it!

Ros Review
By Rodney on 01/15/07 13:51 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned a 1990 Nissan 4x4 and now this one and the Toyota has the most power. I liked the interior of the Toy more to. I have found it easer to find 3rd party addons for the Toyota to. And there are more Toyotas in the wrecking yard to get parts off of then others.

best truck ever
By fdsa on 10/03/06 11:23 AM (PDT)

best truck on the road

Solid and Dependable
By AuntsInPants on 05/06/06 11:37 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has served me very well for the past 6 years. I bought it from a friend in 2000, at that time it had 100k miles on it. I t now has 174k and it's still running great. The oil gets changed every 3k or so and I have had no major issues in that period of time. It gets about 15-18mi per gallon which is kind of a drag, but it also is a great off-road vehicle with a nice suspension and drive train for rocky terrain. I would however give this truck poor ratings for power; 4th and 5th gears are not really made for long hills. And towing anything heavy is not so recommended. The automatic version does not have this fault. Other than that this vehicle is very well built and fun to drive.