1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Best truck ever made
By johnny on 04/20/10 01:07 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck I could say is the best ever made I abused the truck and it just keeps on going. The 22re engine is just built beautifully. The body design is eye caching also. The new trucks have nothing on this model. People ask me all the time to sell but I'm not bugging

Pauly
By Paul on 01/30/10 09:03 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love my toyota truck. A little rusty expected that. I have had no major problems that weren't caused by my own doing (new front boot). when I purchased it it had 138,000 miles on it I now have 147,000 on it. I think the major complaint that I have seen most is the bad gas mileage. I drive about 10 miles a day to & from work in city traffic and of course occasional 4 wheeling.I enjoy it very much couldn't ask for better. very serious 4 wheeling truck.

280K Miles and Still Going Strong!
By missjanenc on 06/14/09 16:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad bought this truck brand new in 1994 as a business vehicle, so it is just pretty basic transportation - nothing fancy. He gave it to me about 8 years ago and the truck now has nearly 300K miles on it. A few years ago I had to replace the transmission (a hose leak that caused me to stall when I lost the fluid along I-95) but other than that, it's just been tires, brake pads and battery when needed. It isn't the most beautiful thing in the world, but it has been so reliable, it's paid for and cheap to insure that I will drive it until it can't go any more.

1994 pickup
By Jamie on 05/19/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Before my dad got me this truck I was driving an 1989 Isuzu pickup, which is a great truck too. We got it with 111,000 miles and now it has 147,400. This truck is great! The gas mileage average's out to about 25 miles/gallon. It is hard to drive on hills, especially when pulling something or having heavy stuff in the bed. Other than that this truck is very dependable. Trucks are supposed to be abused on the exterior, and I have done my fair share. I change the oil every 3,000 miles, and have other work done as needed. I will drive it until it falls apart. In the next couple of years I will get another truck. Hopefully I will have the same experience with that one.

I'm gonna miss her.
By NoFechaNoGrade on 04/28/09 23:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My dad got this truck in '95 used off a lot with less than 20k on it the original engine went at 258K and we put a new one in and now it has 13k on it. The truck is a tank and unfortunately has been hit several times by drunk drivers or idiots who don't know what stop signs are. Every time we get her fixed someone comes to ruin it for us. She just got t-boned and took major body damage but the frame is still perfect and she drives like a charm none the less. I am going to miss my baby. She was a good truck to my whole family and never had any major problems just fair wear and tear. I just wish the insurance would cover her this one last time. Goodbye Bernadette.

It Keeps Running and Running and Running
By Tha`nh on 02/15/09 09:48 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

My uncle bought this truck brand new with 40 miles on it. Then gave it to me after a few months and I've driven it since then. Now it has about 166K miles and still running great. Hasn't failed a single smog check nor left me stranded on the road. A very dependable and reliable truck.

Great truck!
By DaveMo on 12/14/08 14:32 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new. I had always wanted a 4x4 and I had a great excuse when I bought a new house with a treacherous driveway. I put about 40k on the truck in the first three years but have not put on 10k since. I have loaded this truck with a pallet of concrete blocks, yards and yards of gravel and many other things that were way over it's rated capacity. Never even made a groan. Very capable off-road. Interior comfort is as good as it could be in a small truck. Somewhere around 40k miles I think I hurt the engine off-roading and over- revving. It makes a weird rattling sound at high RPMs, but I've been driving it anyway and nothing has happened yet.

Best truck
By Don on 11/20/08 19:00 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck in 1998 for $10K with 42,000 miles. Currently at 145,000 miles and nothing has broken. Aggressive maintenance practices using only factory parts have proven to be effective. The best truck I've ever owned - the 22RE engine is the finest example of Japanese engineering, wish the top 3 auto makers in the US would model their quality design efforts.

Wow...
By Brando on 11/14/08 12:46 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had this truck for almost a year now. This has been the least reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I bought it and since then have spent almost 2000 fixing things that have broken over time - alternator (4 times!), battery, distributor, starter (twice), and things that I have yet to fix - cruise control, alternator (again). Nothing on this vehicle ever actually gets fixed. I have yet to drive it for a month without something expensive breaking.

Keep going
By Pleasant Ridge on 09/23/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Purchased this truck in 2003 with 125K on the truck.. Paid 4,500 @ that time and had timing chain and clutch work done.. Today @ 220K put another timing chain kit and oil pump, water pump and new belts on the truck.. What can I say the truck has been super for what I do drive it to work and crawl around in the mountains with it.. The way it is running now I am hoping to put another 80K on it.. Man what a truck.. I looked at new trucks but I just couldn't see the value in a new truck when this thing keeps going and going and going.. Thank you Toyota, the 22RE will have to go down in history as one of the greatest engines of all time... I am asked daily to price the truck.. No Way!!!