1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Amazing Little Truck!
By ssgtparker on 09/11/12 09:47 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This Truck was purchased right off the line from my Father-in-law in 1994. It was then passed down to my wife 7 years ago. Now i drive it as my main mode of transportation for 3 years now. This Truck is rode hard and put away wet. It outperformes every other car i have ever had (except my 2012 Corolla). It currently has just under 280,000 miles and shows no sign of slowing down. Still has every original part in it! Toyota made a really smart move with this truck. I plan on having this truck for another 100,000 miles. I'm sure it will make it there!

Still kickin!
By gprats on 02/12/11 04:08 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

When I totaled my Nissan Sentra back in 2001, my mom and step dad gave me his 94 Toyota Pickup. I was told that the truck was in excellent condition and shouldn't have any real problems with it. As always, my parents were right! Here it is 2011 and she is still kickin. No major issues. So far, have only had to replace the battery, starter and thermostat. Has had a small oil leak for several years (which has been unable to be pinpointed). Currently at 240,000 miles. Still averages 24/mpg. I love my little Yota!!!!!!

Money well spent
By Leonard on 06/16/10 08:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought in 1997 after 1982 accord was finished. Knew 1994 Toyota pick up was reliable and it has proved so. Hit a deer and had some repairs to the front and have had 3 radiators but that is the worst repairs that I have had to have that I didn't cause. Ran through high water and had to have the engine drained and dried out but the engine still ran great after that. Basic maintenance (oil changes, belts etc) should keep the engine going for well over 200,000 miles. Great truck!

I love my little Truck
By dee on 04/28/10 17:25 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

My father bought me this truck and I have loved every minute. I got it used with 100k on it, now it has 178k(I think) and is still going. I of course has to replace the clutch because I learned how to drive on it, but other then that there has only been 1 other $$$ repair on it. Some of the wiring is going out like the speedometer is not working and the e-brake lite comes on by it's self. One thing that I wish it had more of was more speed. At least I never had to worry about getting a ticket on the freeway. I am so glad that I have been able to drive this truck it is a pleasure!!

Bought new, still have
By elisa on 05/03/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this standard truck new 1994. Never ever had any issues. I just had to have the thermostat replaced when our weather hit -10 degrees. The mechanic could not believe I still had the original one. This car won't die! How can I not keep it?! Now with the price of gas, it's great to have.

The best vehicle I've owned
By blondebrat on 02/08/08 13:03 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

My truck has been great! It had excellent gas mileage for a truck and very comfortable (especially driving from N LA to Pensacola about 4xs a yr). Only had to have minor work done, oil changes every 3k and it did great. Unfortunately it was involved in a accident with a 2008 GMC6000 recently. Crazy enough I was able to drive it home, where as the GMC was towed.

Tired of paying at the pump
By 1943 on 08/03/06 20:42 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck because I will be moving some 70 miles away and have a lot of shop tools to move. Read that as many, many trips back and forth. I spent three and a half weeks searching for a well maintained Toyota basic truck. I was about to give up when I spotted an ad for this one. It's showing 186000 miles but it does not leak or burn oil. The A/C blows ice cold. The suspension is tight as is the steering. It gets excellent gas mileage. After driving it for two weeks I'm begining to fall in love with my little red truck. I'm an old hot rodder and never dreamed I would enjoy such a tiny truck but it it does what it is supposed to do and does it well. I'm just sorry I didn't buy one sooner.

Starts First Try After 1 Month Storage
By 1994 Toyota Pickup on 07/23/06 12:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Toyotas are known for their reliabillity, longevity, and value for the $$$. Can last 350,000 if you take care of them. Got mine used with 47,000 miles. Now has 102,000 miles, still running strong. No mechanical break downs of any kind. Started on first try after not being started for a month. My brother owned one for 10 years, and said he never had anything break on it. His experience is why I decided to buy one. Their reputation for reliability causes them to hold onto resale values. No vehicle is flawless. There's an annoying dash rattle. Sometimes it's difficult to get into reverse gear. Turning the wheels when stopped is heavy. Minor irritations as opposed to being broke down somewhere.

1994 Toyota Pickup
By David Weinz on 06/17/06 15:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased the truck new in 1994 for my daughter who was in high school. She drove it thru HS and college and then took it to Chicago for three years. It was returned to me after that time and my wife has driven it since then. It's been a very dependable vehicle - has never let us down. No major work done on the engine. Have it serviced regularly. Never need to add oil between services. Body has some dents and scratches but not too bad for a 12 year old truck. It does not have power steering so it takes awhile to get used to the steering. Great little truck!

INDESTRUCTIBLE
By AL DARKO on 07/27/05 21:05 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I drove my toyota p/u off the lot with zero miles. I drove this thing for 9+ years and racked up well over 137000 miles on it. I treated it well, oil changes every 7000 sometimes going to 10,000 miles (only drove in the city) only problem was 2 batteries (dome light was left on) and tires. Other than that, my little reliable toyota always got me home. The 22re is probably one of the finest engines ever made. I reluctanly had to sell mine (Poor thing got shipped to South America)