1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Amazing Little Truck!
By ssgtparker on 09/11/12 09:47 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This Truck was purchased right off the line from my Father-in-law in 1994. It was then passed down to my wife 7 years ago. Now i drive it as my main mode of transportation for 3 years now. This Truck is rode hard and put away wet. It outperformes every other car i have ever had (except my 2012 Corolla). It currently has just under 280,000 miles and shows no sign of slowing down. Still has every original part in it! Toyota made a really smart move with this truck. I plan on having this truck for another 100,000 miles. I'm sure it will make it there!

Still kickin!
By gprats on 02/12/11 04:08 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

When I totaled my Nissan Sentra back in 2001, my mom and step dad gave me his 94 Toyota Pickup. I was told that the truck was in excellent condition and shouldn't have any real problems with it. As always, my parents were right! Here it is 2011 and she is still kickin. No major issues. So far, have only had to replace the battery, starter and thermostat. Has had a small oil leak for several years (which has been unable to be pinpointed). Currently at 240,000 miles. Still averages 24/mpg. I love my little Yota!!!!!!

favorite of the Taliban
By hugho on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is my first Toyota Truck. I have 2 dodge cummins 4x4s and this is my new favorite 4x4. I purchased the truck very cheaply because it was overdue on maintenance and was involved in a fender bender. She needed front axles,brakes, service all around, tires, replacement of lubricants and a tune up including valve adjustment and timing chain inspection as well as some simple replacement of body panels and belts and hoses etc. I am a mechanic who can work on any vehicle and my impression of the truck is it's durable, overbuilt and easy to service and replace parts. The 4 cyl has excellent economy, the V6 is very poor by contrast and access is tighter than in the 4.

Money well spent
By Leonard on 06/16/10 08:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought in 1997 after 1982 accord was finished. Knew 1994 Toyota pick up was reliable and it has proved so. Hit a deer and had some repairs to the front and have had 3 radiators but that is the worst repairs that I have had to have that I didn't cause. Ran through high water and had to have the engine drained and dried out but the engine still ran great after that. Basic maintenance (oil changes, belts etc) should keep the engine going for well over 200,000 miles. Great truck!

I love my little Truck
By dee on 04/28/10 17:25 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

My father bought me this truck and I have loved every minute. I got it used with 100k on it, now it has 178k(I think) and is still going. I of course has to replace the clutch because I learned how to drive on it, but other then that there has only been 1 other $$$ repair on it. Some of the wiring is going out like the speedometer is not working and the e-brake lite comes on by it's self. One thing that I wish it had more of was more speed. At least I never had to worry about getting a ticket on the freeway. I am so glad that I have been able to drive this truck it is a pleasure!!

280K Miles and Still Going Strong!
By missjanenc on 06/14/09 16:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad bought this truck brand new in 1994 as a business vehicle, so it is just pretty basic transportation - nothing fancy. He gave it to me about 8 years ago and the truck now has nearly 300K miles on it. A few years ago I had to replace the transmission (a hose leak that caused me to stall when I lost the fluid along I-95) but other than that, it's just been tires, brake pads and battery when needed. It isn't the most beautiful thing in the world, but it has been so reliable, it's paid for and cheap to insure that I will drive it until it can't go any more.

Keep going
By Pleasant Ridge on 09/23/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Purchased this truck in 2003 with 125K on the truck.. Paid 4,500 @ that time and had timing chain and clutch work done.. Today @ 220K put another timing chain kit and oil pump, water pump and new belts on the truck.. What can I say the truck has been super for what I do drive it to work and crawl around in the mountains with it.. The way it is running now I am hoping to put another 80K on it.. Man what a truck.. I looked at new trucks but I just couldn't see the value in a new truck when this thing keeps going and going and going.. Thank you Toyota, the 22RE will have to go down in history as one of the greatest engines of all time... I am asked daily to price the truck.. No Way!!!

Bought new, still have
By elisa on 05/03/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this standard truck new 1994. Never ever had any issues. I just had to have the thermostat replaced when our weather hit -10 degrees. The mechanic could not believe I still had the original one. This car won't die! How can I not keep it?! Now with the price of gas, it's great to have.

The best vehicle I've owned
By blondebrat on 02/08/08 13:03 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

My truck has been great! It had excellent gas mileage for a truck and very comfortable (especially driving from N LA to Pensacola about 4xs a yr). Only had to have minor work done, oil changes every 3k and it did great. Unfortunately it was involved in a accident with a 2008 GMC6000 recently. Crazy enough I was able to drive it home, where as the GMC was towed.

Reliable and Dependable
By tkwdv on 06/28/07 22:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck in Jan 97. It had 50k on it and I quickly found it was fun and dependable to drive in the snow. A few years later I put the biggest tires on it I could (30.5). What a change in the ride. This has been a great truck for me. It now has 132k and still runs great. I've had to replace the battery (like I didn't know that was going happen sooner or later) and the alternator. The only other thing I've had to replace was the U-joint. Mechanic said the de-icer put on the highways by WA state DOT is corrosive and caused the break down in the U-joint. Clutch feels like it is on its last leg, but I've been hard on it trying to pull stumps out and such. Overall, GREAT TRUCK!!!