Used 1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Amazing Little Truck!
By ssgtparker

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

This Truck was purchased right off the line from my Father-in-law in 1994. It was then passed down to my wife 7 years ago. Now i drive it as my main mode of transportation for 3 years now. This Truck is rode hard and put away wet. It outperformes every other car i have ever had (except my 2012 Corolla). It currently has just under 280,000 miles and shows no sign of slowing down. Still has every original part in it! Toyota made a really smart move with this truck. I plan on having this truck for another 100,000 miles. I'm sure it will make it there!

Favorite Features

large engine capartment. Mkaes it easy to changed spark plugs and change oil. Enough torque to pul a trailer.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure if it ever came with on...but an A/C system. I live in Phoenix....its HOT!

Still kickin!
By gprats

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

When I totaled my Nissan Sentra back in 2001, my mom and step dad gave me his 94 Toyota Pickup. I was told that the truck was in excellent condition and shouldn't have any real problems with it. As always, my parents were right! Here it is 2011 and she is still kickin. No major issues. So far, have only had to replace the battery, starter and thermostat. Has had a small oil leak for several years (which has been unable to be pinpointed). Currently at 240,000 miles. Still averages 24/mpg. I love my little Yota!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Dependibility

favorite of the Taliban
By hugho

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is my first Toyota Truck. I have 2 dodge cummins 4x4s and this is my new favorite 4x4. I purchased the truck very cheaply because it was overdue on maintenance and was involved in a fender bender. She needed front axles,brakes, service all around, tires, replacement of lubricants and a tune up including valve adjustment and timing chain inspection as well as some simple replacement of body panels and belts and hoses etc. I am a mechanic who can work on any vehicle and my impression of the truck is it's durable, overbuilt and easy to service and replace parts. The 4 cyl has excellent economy, the V6 is very poor by contrast and access is tighter than in the 4.

Favorite Features

Excellent fuel economy, load carrying and off road capability with large overbuilt drive components comparable to conventional American pickups, superb road clearance and reliable easy to service powerplant and drivetrain. Good economy:26 mpg on the hwy. Chevy 6 bolt wheels even bolt up.

Suggested Improvements

Crappy bench seat, flimsy bumpers and brittle plastic dash but if you can find a 4 cyl 5 spd 4x4 in decent condition, buy it! Avoid automatics and V6 models for their lousy economy. A 2500 lb pickup should get better than 12-18 mpg! The 4 cyl 5 speed is a jewel.

Money well spent
By Leonard

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought in 1997 after 1982 accord was finished. Knew 1994 Toyota pick up was reliable and it has proved so. Hit a deer and had some repairs to the front and have had 3 radiators but that is the worst repairs that I have had to have that I didn't cause. Ran through high water and had to have the engine drained and dried out but the engine still ran great after that. Basic maintenance (oil changes, belts etc) should keep the engine going for well over 200,000 miles. Great truck!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy for a truck, reliable engine

I love my little Truck
By dee

1994 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

My father bought me this truck and I have loved every minute. I got it used with 100k on it, now it has 178k(I think) and is still going. I of course has to replace the clutch because I learned how to drive on it, but other then that there has only been 1 other $$$ repair on it. Some of the wiring is going out like the speedometer is not working and the e-brake lite comes on by it's self. One thing that I wish it had more of was more speed. At least I never had to worry about getting a ticket on the freeway. I am so glad that I have been able to drive this truck it is a pleasure!!

Favorite Features

The roomy bed. it is hard these days to find a truck with a large bed they all look ok until you get up close.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger Engine. I should have asked for a v6.