Used 1994 Toyota Pickup DX Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

DX Extended Cab Pickup (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
USA Trip Was Fabulous
By Wonger on 08/15/10 21:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this brand spankin' new in 1995 with 70 miles. In 1998, I took it on a "USA Counter-clockwise Perimeter Tour". In 11 days, I drove 9600 miles. My first leg was non-stop from L.A. to Houston. I drove 24 hours straight (except for gas/food) for 1600 miles. Currently, I spend about $500-$750/year in maintenance, but it's been well- worth it. I hope to double the 185,000 miles I currently have on it.

Great truck to have
By stephen on 07/31/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 350,000 miles on my truck, replaced clutch twice timing chain twice it was due oil changes every 5,000 miles I pull a trailer with zero turn more just about every day and it still going I need bigger truck and trailer now for 2 zero turns and it is going to be a Toyota

Best truck ever made
By johnny on 04/20/10 01:07 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck I could say is the best ever made I abused the truck and it just keeps on going. The 22re engine is just built beautifully. The body design is eye caching also. The new trucks have nothing on this model. People ask me all the time to sell but I'm not bugging

1994 pickup
By Jamie on 05/19/09 09:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Before my dad got me this truck I was driving an 1989 Isuzu pickup, which is a great truck too. We got it with 111,000 miles and now it has 147,400. This truck is great! The gas mileage average's out to about 25 miles/gallon. It is hard to drive on hills, especially when pulling something or having heavy stuff in the bed. Other than that this truck is very dependable. Trucks are supposed to be abused on the exterior, and I have done my fair share. I change the oil every 3,000 miles, and have other work done as needed. I will drive it until it falls apart. In the next couple of years I will get another truck. Hopefully I will have the same experience with that one.

It Keeps Running and Running and Running
By Tha`nh on 02/15/09 09:48 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

My uncle bought this truck brand new with 40 miles on it. Then gave it to me after a few months and I've driven it since then. Now it has about 166K miles and still running great. Hasn't failed a single smog check nor left me stranded on the road. A very dependable and reliable truck.

Best truck
By Don on 11/20/08 19:00 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased this truck in 1998 for $10K with 42,000 miles. Currently at 145,000 miles and nothing has broken. Aggressive maintenance practices using only factory parts have proven to be effective. The best truck I've ever owned - the 22RE engine is the finest example of Japanese engineering, wish the top 3 auto makers in the US would model their quality design efforts.

My Spiderman Rocks!!
By Aijuswananrun on 05/29/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

My Spiderman (because it's red) has loved me well passed 170k. I was a junior in high school when my dad brought it home with 52k on it. No problems ever! Reg gas and oil change, belts etc. Due to my inexperience in life, the alternator belt broke and I keep driving. I didn't mean to hurt my spidey. It overheated and now I suffer from a misfiring cylinder? I was driving some 400mi from my parents home back to college in the middle of nowhere when this happened.

Reliable
By Houstonians on 04/22/08 19:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck was bought with 140k and has had some minor wear and tear problems. Such as radiator, battery, alternator but nothing major. This is a great truck has been able to handle lot of demand (Houston traffic). Now it has over 250k and keeps going. Great investment. Have had many offers and has never been for sale.

starter ,clutch ,28+mpg
By ar15mark on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Go to the dealer and buy new contacts $60 dont replace your STARTER. I am getting redy to replace my clutch for the first time @140,000 miles.

Getting you money's worth... 1994 Toyota
By jamow2 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I just bought this vehicle a month ago with 133,000 miles from my dad who was meticulous about the maintenance. Had no reservations about the purchase. Plan on keeping it until 200k. No interior rattles or squeaks, unlike the 2000 Ford Explorer it replaces. The 22RE has plenty of love left to give, great gas mileage, smooth ride. What more can you ask of a 10-year old vehicle?