1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
favorite of the Taliban
By hugho on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This is my first Toyota Truck. I have 2 dodge cummins 4x4s and this is my new favorite 4x4. I purchased the truck very cheaply because it was overdue on maintenance and was involved in a fender bender. She needed front axles,brakes, service all around, tires, replacement of lubricants and a tune up including valve adjustment and timing chain inspection as well as some simple replacement of body panels and belts and hoses etc. I am a mechanic who can work on any vehicle and my impression of the truck is it's durable, overbuilt and easy to service and replace parts. The 4 cyl has excellent economy, the V6 is very poor by contrast and access is tighter than in the 4.

Keep going
By Pleasant Ridge on 09/23/08 17:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Purchased this truck in 2003 with 125K on the truck.. Paid 4,500 @ that time and had timing chain and clutch work done.. Today @ 220K put another timing chain kit and oil pump, water pump and new belts on the truck.. What can I say the truck has been super for what I do drive it to work and crawl around in the mountains with it.. The way it is running now I am hoping to put another 80K on it.. Man what a truck.. I looked at new trucks but I just couldn't see the value in a new truck when this thing keeps going and going and going.. Thank you Toyota, the 22RE will have to go down in history as one of the greatest engines of all time... I am asked daily to price the truck.. No Way!!!

Reliable and Dependable
By tkwdv on 06/28/07 22:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck in Jan 97. It had 50k on it and I quickly found it was fun and dependable to drive in the snow. A few years later I put the biggest tires on it I could (30.5). What a change in the ride. This has been a great truck for me. It now has 132k and still runs great. I've had to replace the battery (like I didn't know that was going happen sooner or later) and the alternator. The only other thing I've had to replace was the U-joint. Mechanic said the de-icer put on the highways by WA state DOT is corrosive and caused the break down in the U-joint. Clutch feels like it is on its last leg, but I've been hard on it trying to pull stumps out and such. Overall, GREAT TRUCK!!!

3 Engines, 118,000 miles
By Ned on 08/30/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck after it had a new engine put in it at 112,000. I assumed that it would would be reliable, Wrong! I had to get a brand new $4,000 engine! After spending $4250 on the truck in the first place. This truck is very slow, you have to push the engine every time you accelerate from a stop light just to keep up with traffic!

1994 toyota pickup
By JV0177 on 04/09/05 23:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Great utilitarian truck. this is not for someone who expects their truck to drive or feel like a car. Very impressed with reliability. this truck can go anywhere... 4Low and go! With decent tires this truck is unstoppable! Respectable fuel economy for a truck.

Best Truck you can buy
By RobYakamashi on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck, Its the best vehicle I have ever owned and it was the cheapest. It may be slow but that has made me a more relaxed safe driver. It is fun to drive, I can't explain why. 130,000 miles on the original clutch. It will go anywhere.

Toyota 94 SB 4X4 4cyl
By thermionicat on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Gutless wonder. Measure 0 to 60 with a calendar. Very reliable. Have had absolutely no trouble since new. Still has FACTORY BATTERY!!! Very good tire life. Precious little room behind eat. Very quiet, almost as quiet as some mid-size sedans. Utilitarian vehicle but nothing more. Good maneuverability.

still trucking
By kerrylee on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used two years ago. It has been very reliable--only problems were a broken starter, and a rear differential leak. Easy fixes, not too expensive. It is the 4-cyl. engine, so it isn't too peppy at higher speeds, but that's to be expected. Great torque at low speed. The clutch needs replacing but it's not the truck's fault-- the girl who owned it originally didn't know how to drive a stick very well. She was really hard on it.