Used 1994 Toyota Pickup DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

USA Trip Was Fabulous
By Wonger

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this brand spankin' new in 1995 with 70 miles. In 1998, I took it on a "USA Counter-clockwise Perimeter Tour". In 11 days, I drove 9600 miles. My first leg was non-stop from L.A. to Houston. I drove 24 hours straight (except for gas/food) for 1600 miles. Currently, I spend about $500-$750/year in maintenance, but it's been well- worth it. I hope to double the 185,000 miles I currently have on it.

Favorite Features

Compartments in the extra cab.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the people at the dealership (Torrance Toyota) where I take it for maintenance. I think they're ripping me off at times.

Great truck to have
By stephen

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have 350,000 miles on my truck, replaced clutch twice timing chain twice it was due oil changes every 5,000 miles I pull a trailer with zero turn more just about every day and it still going I need bigger truck and trailer now for 2 zero turns and it is going to be a Toyota

Favorite Features

ride good good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

none for that truck

Best truck ever made
By johnny

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck I could say is the best ever made I abused the truck and it just keeps on going. The 22re engine is just built beautifully. The body design is eye caching also. The new trucks have nothing on this model. People ask me all the time to sell but I'm not bugging

Favorite Features

love the body design. the 22re engine is the best ever made

Suggested Improvements

the alternator design is a little bit tricky trying to take out

1994 pickup
By Jamie

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

Before my dad got me this truck I was driving an 1989 Isuzu pickup, which is a great truck too. We got it with 111,000 miles and now it has 147,400. This truck is great! The gas mileage average's out to about 25 miles/gallon. It is hard to drive on hills, especially when pulling something or having heavy stuff in the bed. Other than that this truck is very dependable. Trucks are supposed to be abused on the exterior, and I have done my fair share. I change the oil every 3,000 miles, and have other work done as needed. I will drive it until it falls apart. In the next couple of years I will get another truck. Hopefully I will have the same experience with that one.

Favorite Features

Like the others said, the 22re engine is one of the best ever made.

It Keeps Running and Running and Running
By Tha`nh

1994 Toyota Pickup DX 2dr Extended Cab SB

My uncle bought this truck brand new with 40 miles on it. Then gave it to me after a few months and I've driven it since then. Now it has about 166K miles and still running great. Hasn't failed a single smog check nor left me stranded on the road. A very dependable and reliable truck.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, low maintenance cost, and very reliable.