Best 4x4 I've owned
By bob in Houston on
1993 Toyota Pickup SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB
I wasn't looking for another truck but found mine with only 28000 miles on it, so I couldn't resist. The 290k mile 95 Nissan it replaced was also a good truck but was showing some age and still sold for $2000! I love the quiet ride and cloth interior is both grippy and comfy with great driver seat adjustability [SR-5 package was nicely detailed]. The extended cab is spacious for what it is and has some nice hidden compartments under the rear seats. Mine has the flip up sunroof and rear side windows along with the rear slider for lots of air when A/C isn't needed. Steering is precise and true. Trans and clutch are smooth and easy to use. I got a great deal and will sell it after 250k miles only.
Favorite Features
Ext cab, long wheelbase, smooth ride and trans, comfy seats, unstoppable 4x4, clean body style, Toyota quality and corporate support [their verifiable head gasket rebuild program convinced me to buy], and the generally overbuilt feel of the truck. I got a great deal on a great vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Better MPG would be nice, cup holders are placed poorly, painted plastic grille chips easily power windows/locks/mirrors should have been standard on SR-5 package. Typical 4x4 groaning bushings on front end when stressed.