Used 1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

22re
By Bassmaster

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for a year or 2. I was a dodge fan but this [non-permissible content removed] grew on me. I love it. I beat the hell out of it and it starts for me every morning. I lost a wheel and drove on the rotor nothing broke. You can take it to the red line (I haven't) and it won't blow. Overall I'm buying another one once this goes

1993 toyota pickup
By johnnymoto

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Mine has 499,200 miles, replaced timing chain stuff at 400,000. I bought it in 95 with 19,000 miles on it. Still a daily driver.

Still gets 33 mpg. Most expensive maintenance is just replacing tires every 70,000 - 90,000 miles.

If they made the same truck now, they couldn't make enough to keep up with sales.

Not bad, but not legendary
By Adam Omelianchuk

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

These trucks are known for legendary reliability and toughness, but that has not been my experience. The 2.4 22RE is pretty solid and burns well. It produces a fair amount of torque for its class and makes acceptable MPG. The biggest problem I had was the timing chain loosening inside the engine and making a definite rattling noise. I had this replaced at 85,000-- $1500. The starters and exhaust are terrible and need replacement multiple times. However, it is handy and outperforms the competition in its class in every category. Don't be fooled by tall tales. Research thoroughly.

Good truck
By Lindsay Sheppard

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck does everything I need it to do. I commute to work daily in it. It has hauled bricks, wood, furniture, towed my boat and go-kart. It keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It looks decent inside and out despite being over ten years old. But the best thing about it is its reliability. Its running costs are the least of any vehicle I've owned because nothing breaks.

Reliability and cost of ownership. Simplicity.

Ride is rather bouncy because it has heavy springs. Stopping is poor especially in the wet because it has truck tires. Synchros are wearing out after 13 years.

Best Vehicle Ever
By Jon David

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this pickup truck 14 years ago and will keep it long as I possibly can. Having owned many trucks and cars over the years I have never had such an overall economical and versatile vehicle. It looks and drives as near new. A great, daily driven truck.

Engineered to last forever.

None I can think of.