1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Not bad, but not legendary
By Adam Omelianchuk on 07/03/10 09:13 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

These trucks are known for legendary reliability and toughness, but that has not been my experience. The 2.4 22RE is pretty solid and burns well. It produces a fair amount of torque for its class and makes acceptable MPG. The biggest problem I had was the timing chain loosening inside the engine and making a definite rattling noise. I had this replaced at 85,000-- $1500. The starters and exhaust are terrible and need replacement multiple times. However, it is handy and outperforms the competition in its class in every category. Don't be fooled by tall tales. Research thoroughly.

Good truck
By Lindsay Sheppard on 01/22/07 09:43 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck does everything I need it to do. I commute to work daily in it. It has hauled bricks, wood, furniture, towed my boat and go-kart. It keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It looks decent inside and out despite being over ten years old. But the best thing about it is its reliability. Its running costs are the least of any vehicle I've owned because nothing breaks.

Best Vehicle Ever
By Jon David on 02/03/06 01:03 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this pickup truck 14 years ago and will keep it long as I possibly can. Having owned many trucks and cars over the years I have never had such an overall economical and versatile vehicle. It looks and drives as near new. A great, daily driven truck.

Saved my life
By Avi Black on 06/11/05 13:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Everyone will say: totally reliable, and in 1993 easily the most car-like in its class. I agree completely. But I'll focus on safety. Few of us have, let alone want, the opportunity to check out how accurate those crash-test ratings are. Well, I did. I'm doing thirty-five; an idiot runs a red light doing fifty right in front of me. With about half a second to react and hit the brakes, I nailed him broadside doing a good twenty-five to thirty, spinning me 180 degrees. The whole front of my truck was smashed in. But the point is, it crumpled JUST the way it was supposed to. I ended up with two light abrasions on my forehead; two days later, I'm barely sore. I miss my truck!

Toyota Pickup 4x4
By Max1234 on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Easy and economical to maintain. Feul economy about what it should be for a 6. Real work-horse.

Best built pickup ever
By lewis jacolow on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This 93 4x4 v6 std cap toyota is better than my first toy 4x4 std cab I bought in 1983, and put on 143000 mi of hard driving. when I sold it in 93 for one thousand dollars it was a mess. but still had original clutch. Never let me down, or straded on road. The 1993 toy was even better when I sold it to buy another toy, it had original clutch and egsust , hoses , belts, engine. twenty years of toys and I just bought a 2004 std bed 4cy std trans ,and hope I get another 100000+ of trouble free use out of it . I am sure I will.I know toys are a little over priced , but look what you getGREAT GREAT GREAT SMALL TRUCK,EVER .

awesome truck
By ECK on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck with 70k miles and have driven it an additional 100k miles. Aside from changing the oil, plugs, belts, muffler, I've only had to replace the exhaust manifold gasket. That's it! This truck could easily hit 300k+ miles. And I absolutely love it off-road. You wouldn't believe what these Toyota trucks can do. I can't wait to buy my next Toyota truck - I can't imagine driving anything else.

I love my truck
By not2btaknlightly on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

My family has owned toyotas since about 1980, every since then we have found them to be the toughest most reliable truck in the world. They can go more places in 2 wheel drive then most trucks can in 4.

rescue 4x4
By crs on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

excellent truck, godd milage and trouble free. I have put 60000 miles on it in 21 months going back and forth to work.