Used 1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Solid Truck That Will Last Forever
By polishdude88

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

My dad bought this truck brand new in '93 and I've been driving it for the past 8 years. The truck is so solid and has never failed me. It pretty much sat for 4 years while I was in college and still runs great! Over the past 2 years I've driven nearly 50k all across the US (through Florida thunderstorms, Midwest snowstorms, and sweltering Southwest deserts and I just hit 200k miles. Just recently had to put a new clutch plate, which is the second new one. When I hit 200k I got new rod arms, dampers, and bushings in the front as well as a full fluid change, and 4x4 alignment among other things. This thing now runs like a brand new truck. I doubt I will ever sell it

4x4 has never failed, starts right up in -20 weather, gets 20 MPG highway, camper shell with carpet kit. It's very fun to drive and handles like a car, unless you're making a u-turn. I've gotten all work done at Toyota dealerships and the last time the guy told me that putting $3,500 into it was an investment. I know this truck will take me another 300,000+ miles all over the U.S. As long as you keep up with regular maintenance, you're Toyota will be loyal to you until the End of the World

Just keeps rolling along
By Canadian

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Currently about 480,000 km, little problem with the O2 sensor but a TOTALLY reliable little truck. Been over 12,000 ft, starts at 40 below, hauled a 12,000 lb load (really slowly but!). Starting to rust badly (salty roads) but a real little treasure!

Reliability, great (bit crude but NO problems) 4 wd capabilities.

Softer ride?

Best 4x4 I've owned
By bob in Houston

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I wasn't looking for another truck but found mine with only 28000 miles on it, so I couldn't resist. The 290k mile 95 Nissan it replaced was also a good truck but was showing some age and still sold for $2000! I love the quiet ride and cloth interior is both grippy and comfy with great driver seat adjustability [SR-5 package was nicely detailed]. The extended cab is spacious for what it is and has some nice hidden compartments under the rear seats. Mine has the flip up sunroof and rear side windows along with the rear slider for lots of air when A/C isn't needed. Steering is precise and true. Trans and clutch are smooth and easy to use. I got a great deal and will sell it after 250k miles only.

Ext cab, long wheelbase, smooth ride and trans, comfy seats, unstoppable 4x4, clean body style, Toyota quality and corporate support [their verifiable head gasket rebuild program convinced me to buy], and the generally overbuilt feel of the truck. I got a great deal on a great vehicle.

Better MPG would be nice, cup holders are placed poorly, painted plastic grille chips easily power windows/locks/mirrors should have been standard on SR-5 package. Typical 4x4 groaning bushings on front end when stressed.

Great truck
By Pete

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had this truck for a few years now and it has been amazing. Can do everything from cruising down the highway to hauling loads of lumber from the forest down logging roads. It's held up great except for a master clutch cylinder at about 400k and a couple of mufflers. Oh, and a pinion seal. Other than that it's been great. Bought it at about 200k now around 400k.

Sunroof, unstoppable great all around truck

cup holder location

Best Little Truck Ever Made
By MustLoveTrucks

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. Only major repair was a new clutch @ about 120K miles. I drive this baby anywhere and everywhere and never get stuck. It does great in the snow which is important in northern Utah. Still going strong @ over 200K. I love Toyotas.

4WD and stick. Automatic small trucks are pointless.

None