1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Solid Truck That Will Last Forever
By polishdude88 on 05/22/13 17:37 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

My dad bought this truck brand new in '93 and I've been driving it for the past 8 years. The truck is so solid and has never failed me. It pretty much sat for 4 years while I was in college and still runs great! Over the past 2 years I've driven nearly 50k all across the US (through Florida thunderstorms, Midwest snowstorms, and sweltering Southwest deserts and I just hit 200k miles. Just recently had to put a new clutch plate, which is the second new one. When I hit 200k I got new rod arms, dampers, and bushings in the front as well as a full fluid change, and 4x4 alignment among other things. This thing now runs like a brand new truck. I doubt I will ever sell it

Just keeps rolling along
By Canadian on 05/31/10 23:01 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Currently about 480,000 km, little problem with the O2 sensor but a TOTALLY reliable little truck. Been over 12,000 ft, starts at 40 below, hauled a 12,000 lb load (really slowly but!). Starting to rust badly (salty roads) but a real little treasure!

Best 4x4 I've owned
By bob in Houston on 07/21/09 21:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

I wasn't looking for another truck but found mine with only 28000 miles on it, so I couldn't resist. The 290k mile 95 Nissan it replaced was also a good truck but was showing some age and still sold for $2000! I love the quiet ride and cloth interior is both grippy and comfy with great driver seat adjustability [SR-5 package was nicely detailed]. The extended cab is spacious for what it is and has some nice hidden compartments under the rear seats. Mine has the flip up sunroof and rear side windows along with the rear slider for lots of air when A/C isn't needed. Steering is precise and true. Trans and clutch are smooth and easy to use. I got a great deal and will sell it after 250k miles only.

Great truck
By Pete on 06/14/09 15:12 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had this truck for a few years now and it has been amazing. Can do everything from cruising down the highway to hauling loads of lumber from the forest down logging roads. It's held up great except for a master clutch cylinder at about 400k and a couple of mufflers. Oh, and a pinion seal. Other than that it's been great. Bought it at about 200k now around 400k.

Best Little Truck Ever Made
By MustLoveTrucks on 03/25/09 10:48 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. Only major repair was a new clutch @ about 120K miles. I drive this baby anywhere and everywhere and never get stuck. It does great in the snow which is important in northern Utah. Still going strong @ over 200K. I love Toyotas.

This truck is FUN! 4x4
By Oscar on 12/13/08 10:11 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought 4 months ago with 150K miles for $3,800 in moderate-good condition. It had some surface rust, burns a bit of oil, but the engine sounded/is strong and so is the tranny, transfer case, and diff. I did a tune up when I bought it, put it on castrol with lucas stabilizer, put in a centerforce clutch, new axles, and this truck is so fun to go off-road in. I just need a suspension lift kit and some a/t tires, and this thing will be damn near indestructible!! The 4wd gears work very well, the low range 4wd puts out lots of torque!

Damn thing wont quit
By chucki42 on 04/01/06 17:39 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought my truck at 9 months old with 18000 miles on it. Other than the head recall it has been solidly reliable. I have put the ground system, k&n air cleaner on and it gets me a solid 20+MPG in the city. It has 135000 on it right now. The 4 wheel drive, sunroof, deluxe interior are everything I need.

93 sr5 4x4 extended cab
By Louis Cordova on 03/07/06 10:48 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

bought the truck new. Was going to buy a truck with less options, never regretted my decision. Been a great truck. Still looks like new, don't plan on trading or selling.

1993 SR-5 Toyota
By L. Casey on 03/16/05 19:54 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

great truck... had it 10 years and only major expense was replacing the timing belt...

Good for the long haul
By ReneB64 on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had this car since brand new. Repairs can be costly, but I guess some things will go wrong over 11 years. Much better than my ford explorer, dont make the mistake of buying one. I have 190000 miles, drive it in baja frequently, and have replaced the clutch, brakes, rebuilt transmission, power steering pump, water pump, and thats about it.