Used 1993 Toyota Pickup Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Good truck
By Lindsay Sheppard

1993 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck does everything I need it to do. I commute to work daily in it. It has hauled bricks, wood, furniture, towed my boat and go-kart. It keeps me warm in the winter and cool in the summer. It looks decent inside and out despite being over ten years old. But the best thing about it is its reliability. Its running costs are the least of any vehicle I've owned because nothing breaks.

Reliability and cost of ownership. Simplicity.

Ride is rather bouncy because it has heavy springs. Stopping is poor especially in the wet because it has truck tires. Synchros are wearing out after 13 years.

awesome truck
By ECK

1993 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck with 70k miles and have driven it an additional 100k miles. Aside from changing the oil, plugs, belts, muffler, I've only had to replace the exhaust manifold gasket. That's it! This truck could easily hit 300k+ miles. And I absolutely love it off-road. You wouldn't believe what these Toyota trucks can do. I can't wait to buy my next Toyota truck - I can't imagine driving anything else.

Reliability, looks, ground clearance. Its fun pulling out stuck Fords.

Engine is underpowered, but Toyota has improved this with the newer Tacomas. Don't try to race anyone at a stop light! Power not a problem off-road if you have it in 4L.