1992 Toyota Pickup 3.0L V6 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Best truck I will EVER

1992 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Review

Best truck I will EVER drive
By yota1 on

1992 Toyota Pickup SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This has been a great truck ... far more than expected overall. I have over 300,000 miles on it and have no plans to replace it. As with ANY vehicle, MAINTENANCE is the key to keeping them going this long. Fluids and filter OFTEN will save you THOUSANDS in repair cost and vehicle replacement cost. I have changed ALL fluids at least once a year (oil and filter every 3,000 miles). There is an issue with the engines on these - head gasket failure (usually coolant passage to #6 combustion chamber). I have had to replace the gasket 3 times now (once before the updated gaskets came out and twice after). Still a great rig and still much better than expected.I havn't even had to replace a U-JOINT!

Favorite Features

Automatic locking hubs

Suggested Improvements

More power, better fuel economy and an engine I don't have to replace the head gaskets every 92,000 miles. . .Other than that, GREAT JOB Toyota. I only hope you can continue to put out quality like this now (have not owned any newr Toyotas) and in the future!