Used 1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

1992 Toyota Truck 20 plus years and running Strong
By tricksten

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the truck new in 4-1992 It came equipped with a heater and a key. Another words base model paid $6,999.00 My base model was built in Japan. I have 218,000 miles and will keep forever. The truck has been stolen, Taken a bullet didnt live a good neighbor hood. Broken into several times. ha ha I have let everyone and anyone drive and use and abuse the truck. Has original belts Changed front brake pads once. Did put a new clutch only after the truck was recovered after it was stolen. They hauling something heavy other wise I would be on the same clutch and a new battery 12 years ago

Starts up with turn of key every time, hauling and towing capacity, Low maintenance, reliability, minimal expense. other then oil change and tires every once in a while. It only has 218,000 so I don't think its even broken in yet. It runs so strong and burns Zero oil. The Truck is perfect in every way!

I cant suggest any Improvements. If there is a fault I haven't found it yet

Terrific transportation
By tughillb

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought in 1993 for $9500 with 9,000 miles on it. Manual says change oil at 7,000 miles-I change it every 3,000. Outside of routine maintenance,over the 16 yrs I've owned it I have had to replace the brakes, battery, clutch, radiator, U-joints, windshield wipers, tail pipe (not including muffler!), thermostat, tailgate latch. Pretty cheap transportation, when you divide it all by 16 years. Plus, despite the published figures, I get 26 mpg highway. First 3 yrs used for 30 mile daily commute to work, then for personal and business (truck gardening) 9 mi from nearest town, 6 of those over dirt roads-very bumpy, terrible on tires, chronically very dirty body. Still practically no body rust. Excellent overall.

Wind up windows, general lack of frills that get out of order and are expensive to fix.

Tenth of a mile position on odometer, wish I had bought 4WD, door locks slip down too easily - Too easy to get locked out. But you can overcome that by using your noodle!

Still Running
By Still Running

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Reliable. The 22RE 2.4 liter engine and transmission are rock solid. A simple vehicle with no frills that provides reliable transportation. Change the oil and the other fluids. Only minor repairs over time. Easy to work on. A great value. The 22RE engine is an engineering marvel.

Reliable, economical, and good utility.

Air vent fan, windshield wiper water pump, dome light plastic cover, ignition/steering wheel cover case and passenger window handles wear out over time. But, the truck still runs and the body and interior is still in good condition.

Cross Country 3 Times
By Celeste

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been a real trooper for me. It's the first manual transmission I learned to drive, and since then I've taught many people in it. It's got 185,000 miles right now, and the only repairs I've had on it was a knock sensor and a head gasket. It's been driven from California to North Carolina 3 times, including a side trip into Canada. I've loaded it down with lumber, driven it in snow, extreme heat, high altitudes, and it's just kept going. I get many offers to buy this truck, and it's in big demand by hunters, but I might just drive it forever.

That engine. It will rarely let you down.

My only complaints are that it's not a very comfortable cab and the oil filter is hard to get to for changing the oil.

Best Small PU that I ever owned !
By TMills

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is like the energizer bunny, it never stops running. Now have 151000 miles and am transferring over to a contractor, to be put to real work. He will get at least 250000 out of it. I am on my way to look at a new one right now.

Visibility and gas mileage.

The new ones have it all. Better seating comfort, gas mileage, looks and visibility.