1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
1992 Toyota Truck 20 plus years and running Strong
By tricksten on 07/16/12 20:51 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the truck new in 4-1992 It came equipped with a heater and a key. Another words base model paid $6,999.00 My base model was built in Japan. I have 218,000 miles and will keep forever. The truck has been stolen, Taken a bullet didnt live a good neighbor hood. Broken into several times. ha ha I have let everyone and anyone drive and use and abuse the truck. Has original belts Changed front brake pads once. Did put a new clutch only after the truck was recovered after it was stolen. They hauling something heavy other wise I would be on the same clutch and a new battery 12 years ago

Terrific transportation
By tughillb on 12/20/09 08:21 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought in 1993 for $9500 with 9,000 miles on it. Manual says change oil at 7,000 miles-I change it every 3,000. Outside of routine maintenance,over the 16 yrs I've owned it I have had to replace the brakes, battery, clutch, radiator, U-joints, windshield wipers, tail pipe (not including muffler!), thermostat, tailgate latch. Pretty cheap transportation, when you divide it all by 16 years. Plus, despite the published figures, I get 26 mpg highway. First 3 yrs used for 30 mile daily commute to work, then for personal and business (truck gardening) 9 mi from nearest town, 6 of those over dirt roads-very bumpy, terrible on tires, chronically very dirty body. Still practically no body rust. Excellent overall.

Still Running
By Still Running on 02/03/09 15:36 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Reliable. The 22RE 2.4 liter engine and transmission are rock solid. A simple vehicle with no frills that provides reliable transportation. Change the oil and the other fluids. Only minor repairs over time. Easy to work on. A great value. The 22RE engine is an engineering marvel.

Cross Country 3 Times
By Celeste on 08/16/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been a real trooper for me. It's the first manual transmission I learned to drive, and since then I've taught many people in it. It's got 185,000 miles right now, and the only repairs I've had on it was a knock sensor and a head gasket. It's been driven from California to North Carolina 3 times, including a side trip into Canada. I've loaded it down with lumber, driven it in snow, extreme heat, high altitudes, and it's just kept going. I get many offers to buy this truck, and it's in big demand by hunters, but I might just drive it forever.

Best Small PU that I ever owned !
By TMills on 07/03/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is like the energizer bunny, it never stops running. Now have 151000 miles and am transferring over to a contractor, to be put to real work. He will get at least 250000 out of it. I am on my way to look at a new one right now.

Third and not my last toyota
By Oso on 04/15/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is my third used toyota truck, I still have had no major problems. The engine and transmission are flawless (4cyl/5speed manual). Gas mileage is still great and just change out the fluids and belts and it will run like a champ for another 100,000 miles. At 100,000 miles I think I have finally broke it in.

The Best Toyota Ever Made!
By turbo17 on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

It is a shame Toyota stopped making the 22RE and 22RET (turbo). I have talked to many mechanics and Toyota dealships and the reason being is that it was "TOO" reliable. So they stopped production of the 22RE motor. Never had any problem with my 92 Pickup. A few mods and you have a rocket ship on wheels like mine. Without a doubt their pickups between the years of the 20R, 22RET, and 22RE are by far the best vehicle made in the 30 years.

Bad ass Ride
By turbo17 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

The best bang for your buck around. Nothing beats the Japanese 22RE motors. I wish they still made them. =( A few mods and you have a 2700 lb 200 + hp rocket ship.

Tough as Nails!
By LukeFJ40 on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

These truck speak for them selves, I have 182,000 miles on this truck and it's been flawless! Tires, oil changes, belts, brake pads, and clutches (clutches are due to my driving and 4 wheeling style, not due to the truck) all preventative maintainence, this truck is just awesome, what can I say. People complain about the ride, I've found it is no worse than any other short wheelbase truck on the market, fuel mileage is great. Wash it regulairly and it won't ever rust! I plan to keep driving this truck for another 12 years!

Another good running truck
By yakima on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been utterly reliable over the 11 years we have owned it. While it has low mileage for its age, we have never had a problem with it. Give it gas and regular maintenance, and the body will rust apart before it stops running.