Used 1992 Toyota Pickup Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Pickup

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

300,000 miles and stlll going
By john the baptist

1992 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought in 1993 w 19,000 miles, now have 320,000 miles. Have changed fuel pump twice, the mass air flow sensor (while under warranty) clutch twice, and transmission. Got brakes pads with life time warranty, early on, great deal that. Got 29-30 miles per gallon and lower 20's in town. Had wreck, and got car repainted, hit deer, got car repainted again. Put rhinoliner on bed, car looks almost new. Engine has low oil pressure at idle when warm, guess time to rebuild engine. Never going to give this vehicle up.

Favorite Features

like the simplicity, like all the gauges great heater, good air conditioning. great visibility

Suggested Improvements

would not change anything.

Dies Hard
By thehub

1992 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have three 'twenty something' children, and despite their best efforts to 'kill' my little truck, it has defied the odds. It has dents that 'no one' knows how they got there. It has had three passenger side mirrors. How they get knocked off is anybody's guess. I have had this truck for 54 months, and if I could turn back the hands of time and make it a 'brand new' 1992 to start over with, I would.

Favorite Features

Extended cab. My dog is convinced it is his truck. He simply lets me ride him around in it-with him riding in the extended cab, of course. For a seventeen year old truck the a/c still works great.

Suggested Improvements

Make the opening rear glass more sturdy. It is hard to keep closed and water free now.

My Best Friend!
By rodeobear

1992 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

This was the first 1991 extended cab sold by what was then a brand new dealership in my area. I love it! I drove it all over the South for about 7 years and moved to Wisconsin about 10 years ago. LaToya has had her oil changed every 3K miles, had 2 new batteries, front brakes twice (still has the factory back brakes), shocks, muffler and tailpipe, 4 sets of tires, two tune- ups and lots of polishing. Just today (1/22/09) I stopped by the parts store to buy her some new belts (first time). I am still running on the factory hoses and they seem fine at 230,000 miles. She was undercoated when new and touched-up when we moved to WI. NO rust, not even on the frame.

Favorite Features

The back seat, for people and stuff. Reliable air conditioner (no service yet). Great engine!

Suggested Improvements

None!

Great truck
By Mike

1992 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

Great truck and very easy to work on! These trucks will last forever, or close to it.

Suggested Improvements

Better timing chain guides

A GREAT LITTLE TRUCK
By golfertom

1992 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I love this truck. Runs great, very reliable. Never had a bit of trouble. New battery, tires, shocks, change fluids regularly are all that has been done. The engine is bulletproof.

Suggested Improvements

Seat comfort is about the only area that could use some improvement.