1992 Toyota Pickup 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

Base Regular Cab Pickup (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
1992 Toyota Truck 20 plus years and running Strong
By tricksten on 07/16/12 20:51 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the truck new in 4-1992 It came equipped with a heater and a key. Another words base model paid $6,999.00 My base model was built in Japan. I have 218,000 miles and will keep forever. The truck has been stolen, Taken a bullet didnt live a good neighbor hood. Broken into several times. ha ha I have let everyone and anyone drive and use and abuse the truck. Has original belts Changed front brake pads once. Did put a new clutch only after the truck was recovered after it was stolen. They hauling something heavy other wise I would be on the same clutch and a new battery 12 years ago

Terrific transportation
By tughillb on 12/20/09 08:21 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought in 1993 for $9500 with 9,000 miles on it. Manual says change oil at 7,000 miles-I change it every 3,000. Outside of routine maintenance,over the 16 yrs I've owned it I have had to replace the brakes, battery, clutch, radiator, U-joints, windshield wipers, tail pipe (not including muffler!), thermostat, tailgate latch. Pretty cheap transportation, when you divide it all by 16 years. Plus, despite the published figures, I get 26 mpg highway. First 3 yrs used for 30 mile daily commute to work, then for personal and business (truck gardening) 9 mi from nearest town, 6 of those over dirt roads-very bumpy, terrible on tires, chronically very dirty body. Still practically no body rust. Excellent overall.

Still Running
By Still Running on 02/03/09 15:36 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

Reliable. The 22RE 2.4 liter engine and transmission are rock solid. A simple vehicle with no frills that provides reliable transportation. Change the oil and the other fluids. Only minor repairs over time. Easy to work on. A great value. The 22RE engine is an engineering marvel.

Bad ass Ride
By turbo17 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

The best bang for your buck around. Nothing beats the Japanese 22RE motors. I wish they still made them. =( A few mods and you have a 2700 lb 200 + hp rocket ship.

experts in reliability
By thief on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

When I bought this truck in March of 2001 it had approx. 85k miles on it. Now it has 119k miles. I have used the truck for all kinds of driving (from 3000 mile long road trips to pizza delivery) and, so far, I haven't had any major work done to it. Although the truck isn't the most comfortable or fun to drive vehicle it does come through where it counts; reliability.