1991 Toyota Pickup Consumer Review: Excellent Compact Pickup

1991 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Review

Excellent Compact Pickup
By John Deming on

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am a small business owner, and this truck is perfect for me. High reliability, hasn't broken down in 170,000 miles. Cheap labor and part costs for maintenance. Very redundant design, you can abuse and damage the truck, but it will still run. Good gas mileage in class, I average 27 MPG, can get up to 35MPG on highway with 4CYL and 5 Speed Trans. Brakes and handling good, but not exceptional. Acceleration plenty for everyday driving, but not impressive. Top speed 100MPH. In almost 2yrs of ownership, the worst problem I have had is that the headlight bulbs are hard to replace. Passenger space in back is very limited but workable, great for storage. I can't think of any room for improvement.

Truck indestructible. Maximum weight truck bed is 1,000 pounds, but will run with 3 times that amount. It will damage your struts though. Cheap maintenance. Good gas mileage. Fast for small truck. Styling is good too. Camper shell and bed miner are great improvements.

Can't think of any general improvements that would make the truck better as a whole, aside from maybe a better stereo or better cup holders.