1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Consumer Reviews 2

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
207,000 miles and 100,000 more to go.
By EWD on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used in '95. It had 72,000 miles on it. Like the other reviews; Toyota replaced the head gasket due to a recall - no cost to me. I've gone through one clutch and it's ready for another one. Other than that no real problems. It has never let me down or on the side of the road! The 4 wheel drive is perfect - geared low enough to creep through the deepest mud holes. Give it a wash and wax after a weekend in the mud and it looks brand new again.

Very Sasistied
By josue on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased my truck used at 70K miles and it now has 150K. Still running strong. Like another reviewer, Toyota repalced a recalled gasket about 110K and with it replaced the engine block because of damage. I got a heck a deal there. Other than normal wear and tear (brakes, wipers, etc) this truck is great. I expect another 50K easy, hopefully 100K out of it. In fact up to about a year or two ago (2000), people would still ask me if I just bought the truck new when I washed it.

old but good
By toyotaman on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

i have 300,000 miles on my white 2 door V6, it is just now starting to give me some prob.'s with starting, so far i have olny had to buy a 200$ part from the junk yard that i installed, other then that i have not had any thing wrong with the truck for 11 years, and 300,000 miles. great truck, and lasts over twice as long as any ford i've ever had

191k and counting
By rbrog on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought brand new 5/01. Is manual 5 speed. In late 90's, Toyota recalled several years truck models due to bad gaskets - replaced gaskets for free at ~130k. Had additional preventive maintenance done at that time (saving labor cost) including timing belt, fuel pump, idle pulley, and valves shimmed. Spent ~$550. Had R rear axle bearing replaced last year. Never garaged. Winters in Midwest. Does need compressor work but still pumping cold air despite 2 year old leak and no repair yet. Otherwise just maintenance - oil, brakes, shocks, tires, belts, etc. Still waiting for it to die to justify a new one.