1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Best Truck
By USC66 on 12/26/08 03:51 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck with only 1 option on it (rear bumper) in 91 for $7900. The first problem I had out of it was at 192000 miles, the original fan belt broke. The second issue I had was at 303000 miles the clutch finally gave out. At this time, I replaced a couple of gaskets on it because of of oil leaks and that is it. Honestly, I couldn't have ask for a better truck. At 320000 the truck still drives almost like it did when I bought it. I wouldn't be surprised if I got another 300000 out of it. I have put city miles as well as highway miles on it. I am amazed at how reliable and durable this truck has been. I do wish I could find another seat for it though because the one in it is worn out.

91 toyota pickup
By v8stang289 on 08/30/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have driven this truck daily for over 6 years and it has never let me down. It has 279,000 miles on it and I never had to do anything to it until last week when I replaced the timing chain, got the head rebuilt, and put new bearings in the bottom end. But all of that was precautionary, it still ran great up until that point. The reason I went into the motor was because I had an oil leak that needed sealing, and I figured i would do some preventative maintenance. It may not be very fast, and its not the most comfortable vehicle ever made. But it is a very very reliable vehicle that I would go anywhere in.

i love my truck
By davidm1886 on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

ive put a 3 inch lift kit on it with 31 inch tires and a nice roll bar. Its a 4 cyl 5 speed that puts out a weak 113 horsepower....its looks great though and reliability is above average.

unbelievable reliability
By cujo on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

have put 225000 mi. on this truck. total repairs; 2 thermostats ( $3.50 each ) and a radiator at 200,000 ($109.00). I think this is the most economical vehicle ever built