1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
This Truck Rocks
By Steven R Salvatierra on 05/02/10 19:39 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Speedometer replaced twice. A few brake jobs. Otherwise incredible. This this is like money in the bank. Runs the same as the day I bought it. Put a killer sound system with new interior and will drive it until the wheels fall off. Currently have 195,00 reliable miles ion it. Have had only three days downtime (power steering lower unit) for the past nineteen years. It may outlive me!

One Good Truck!
By Mark Staadt on 04/02/10 16:49 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have about 300,000 miles and still going strong. I use it as a rock crawler now and beat it to death and still drives great. I know of no other truck that you can use to drive over rocks the size of cars and get back on the highway and let the steering wheel go at 75 mph.

Best Truck
By USC66 on 12/26/08 03:51 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck with only 1 option on it (rear bumper) in 91 for $7900. The first problem I had out of it was at 192000 miles, the original fan belt broke. The second issue I had was at 303000 miles the clutch finally gave out. At this time, I replaced a couple of gaskets on it because of of oil leaks and that is it. Honestly, I couldn't have ask for a better truck. At 320000 the truck still drives almost like it did when I bought it. I wouldn't be surprised if I got another 300000 out of it. I have put city miles as well as highway miles on it. I am amazed at how reliable and durable this truck has been. I do wish I could find another seat for it though because the one in it is worn out.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By Andrewred on 06/25/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've owned my Toyota for 14 years now, and no breakdowns. Really, it doesn't feel any different to drive than when I first bought it. The 22RE doesn't get great mileage, about 18, but I've never had any problems with it or the fuel injection. To date, I've replaced an o2 sensor, speedometer cable, and just recently the clutch (used to have big tires). But other than those parts, it's been only consumables. Maybe one of the most reliable vehicles ever built. And looks so good in black.

91 toyota pickup
By v8stang289 on 08/30/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have driven this truck daily for over 6 years and it has never let me down. It has 279,000 miles on it and I never had to do anything to it until last week when I replaced the timing chain, got the head rebuilt, and put new bearings in the bottom end. But all of that was precautionary, it still ran great up until that point. The reason I went into the motor was because I had an oil leak that needed sealing, and I figured i would do some preventative maintenance. It may not be very fast, and its not the most comfortable vehicle ever made. But it is a very very reliable vehicle that I would go anywhere in.

Gotlucky
By I got Lucky! on 07/09/05 18:29 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this pickup in 1998. I've only had to put a battery in once. Runs strong and holds the road wonderfully. I pput on new shocks and tires at 108,000 in order to go the next 100,000 plus miles. I enjoy the 5 speed, and acceleration is great with the 225 engine.

Bulletproof!
By alans on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab One Ton 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this baby 4 years ago w/~120,000 on the clock. I love it! From what I understand it is the last year of the long bed w/ the one ton option. This truck carries more than my brothers big Ford, can tow over 5000 lbs., is EXtremely quick, and is always reliable. I now have about 150k on it and plan on keeping it until it croaks, which is probably many years down the road (my last Toyota-1984 cost me $700 and lasted over 200k and 10 years). Do not hesitate to buy this truck, if you don't tell me and I will.

One Bad Apple
By boundsn on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I must have had a lemon, because nothing stayed right on this truck from day one. Even the cooling fan shattered as I crossed an intersection once! The exhaust rusted so bad, the tail pipe fell off, and the battery bracket was so worthless, the battery fell onto one of the pulleys and thereafter spewed acid all over the engine compartment, causing many further problems.

No Regrets
By Dowling on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought used in '94 with 33k. Other than the V-6 head gasket recall at 115k and normal wear and tear items, all I've had to do is turn the key on this truck. Still has the original clutch and is running like the day I drove it off the lot! My next truck will be a toyota for sure. Have to wear this one out first

i love my truck
By davidm1886 on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

ive put a 3 inch lift kit on it with 31 inch tires and a nice roll bar. Its a 4 cyl 5 speed that puts out a weak 113 horsepower....its looks great though and reliability is above average.