Used 1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

This Truck Rocks
By Steven R Salvatierra

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Speedometer replaced twice. A few brake jobs. Otherwise incredible. This this is like money in the bank. Runs the same as the day I bought it. Put a killer sound system with new interior and will drive it until the wheels fall off. Currently have 195,00 reliable miles ion it. Have had only three days downtime (power steering lower unit) for the past nineteen years. It may outlive me!

Favorite Features

Manual intermittent wiper.

Suggested Improvements

More sound isolation.

One Good Truck!
By Mark Staadt

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have about 300,000 miles and still going strong. I use it as a rock crawler now and beat it to death and still drives great. I know of no other truck that you can use to drive over rocks the size of cars and get back on the highway and let the steering wheel go at 75 mph.

Favorite Features

Starts every time!

Suggested Improvements

Make more.

Best Truck
By USC66

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck with only 1 option on it (rear bumper) in 91 for $7900. The first problem I had out of it was at 192000 miles, the original fan belt broke. The second issue I had was at 303000 miles the clutch finally gave out. At this time, I replaced a couple of gaskets on it because of of oil leaks and that is it. Honestly, I couldn't have ask for a better truck. At 320000 the truck still drives almost like it did when I bought it. I wouldn't be surprised if I got another 300000 out of it. I have put city miles as well as highway miles on it. I am amazed at how reliable and durable this truck has been. I do wish I could find another seat for it though because the one in it is worn out.

Favorite Features

It is a strong, solid well built truck. The engine has been almost flawless. The gas mileage is actually not bad considering it's a truck. I get about 27 mpg on the highway. My favorite feature is the reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing whatsoever.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By Andrewred

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've owned my Toyota for 14 years now, and no breakdowns. Really, it doesn't feel any different to drive than when I first bought it. The 22RE doesn't get great mileage, about 18, but I've never had any problems with it or the fuel injection. To date, I've replaced an o2 sensor, speedometer cable, and just recently the clutch (used to have big tires). But other than those parts, it's been only consumables. Maybe one of the most reliable vehicles ever built. And looks so good in black.

Favorite Features

Pure reliability that wasn't afraid of a few rocky trails.

Suggested Improvements

Does seem to be an issue with the speedo cable, changing the oil makes a bit of a mess.

91 toyota pickup
By v8stang289

1991 Toyota Pickup Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have driven this truck daily for over 6 years and it has never let me down. It has 279,000 miles on it and I never had to do anything to it until last week when I replaced the timing chain, got the head rebuilt, and put new bearings in the bottom end. But all of that was precautionary, it still ran great up until that point. The reason I went into the motor was because I had an oil leak that needed sealing, and I figured i would do some preventative maintenance. It may not be very fast, and its not the most comfortable vehicle ever made. But it is a very very reliable vehicle that I would go anywhere in.

Favorite Features

Air conditioning, 22re motor, 5 speed