Used 1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Reliable
By novak

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

Very reliable truck, I've only had one problem, and that was a brake line rotted through, and the rims started rotting through, but that has been it and we have bad winters here in Iowa, with plenty of salt so it's understandable

Favorite Features

Always starts, and can be VERY loaded down without even phasing it

Suggested Improvements

More room in the extended cab

Excellent Compact Pickup
By John Deming

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am a small business owner, and this truck is perfect for me. High reliability, hasn't broken down in 170,000 miles. Cheap labor and part costs for maintenance. Very redundant design, you can abuse and damage the truck, but it will still run. Good gas mileage in class, I average 27 MPG, can get up to 35MPG on highway with 4CYL and 5 Speed Trans. Brakes and handling good, but not exceptional. Acceleration plenty for everyday driving, but not impressive. Top speed 100MPH. In almost 2yrs of ownership, the worst problem I have had is that the headlight bulbs are hard to replace. Passenger space in back is very limited but workable, great for storage. I can't think of any room for improvement.

Favorite Features

Truck indestructible. Maximum weight truck bed is 1,000 pounds, but will run with 3 times that amount. It will damage your struts though. Cheap maintenance. Good gas mileage. Fast for small truck. Styling is good too. Camper shell and bed miner are great improvements.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any general improvements that would make the truck better as a whole, aside from maybe a better stereo or better cup holders.

toy truck plays tuff
By dimmy

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck is going to last longer than I am, too bad I wanted a new one... maybe someday if I live long enough.....

Favorite Features

Dependability.

Suggested Improvements

How can one fault a machine that was bought so long ago and still runs like the day I drove it home from toyota?