1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Reliable
By novak on 05/14/10 14:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

Very reliable truck, I've only had one problem, and that was a brake line rotted through, and the rims started rotting through, but that has been it and we have bad winters here in Iowa, with plenty of salt so it's understandable

head gasket failure
By scott on 02/02/10 08:18 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned my 1991 V6 4x4 for about 14 years, Toyota replaced head gasket on recall in 1999. The truck has been reliable and trouble free until last week when the head gasket let go again. This was a very expensive fix, including machining of heads,timing belt,water pump, fuel injectors and new radiator. So $3500 later, i hope i now have that reliable,trouble free truck back !

Excellent Compact Pickup
By John Deming on 06/16/09 23:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am a small business owner, and this truck is perfect for me. High reliability, hasn't broken down in 170,000 miles. Cheap labor and part costs for maintenance. Very redundant design, you can abuse and damage the truck, but it will still run. Good gas mileage in class, I average 27 MPG, can get up to 35MPG on highway with 4CYL and 5 Speed Trans. Brakes and handling good, but not exceptional. Acceleration plenty for everyday driving, but not impressive. Top speed 100MPH. In almost 2yrs of ownership, the worst problem I have had is that the headlight bulbs are hard to replace. Passenger space in back is very limited but workable, great for storage. I can't think of any room for improvement.

Can't Kill It!
By Jason Goetz on 08/24/08 14:56 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I can't say enough about my truck. Still get compliments and people trying to buy it. Bought it at 100K. Now at 308,000 miles with no rebuild. Just replaced my 5-speed trans a few month ago. It's so reliable, I can't get myself to sell it. Even the Crimson red paint still glows.

1991 Toyota Pickup
By 1991 Mountain Goat! on 05/22/07 02:07 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

According to the original owner, it never broke down, NOT ONCE! I say the same. I turn the key and it fires, purrs and just keeps on keepin on. Everything works and well! It has beautiful balance, stock shocks. It's just so trouble free and durable. I've owned many vehicles. This truck is just quality and quality lasts.

Purty Good
By CNH on 01/23/07 14:05 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this hog because she was white and beautiful. They just look so tough. I put fender flares on it and it looks even better. Although it looks so good, it only gets about 13 mpg. Except the previous owner rebuilt the engine - don't know why, and now everything is kind of going screwy- such as the speedometer cable, truck turns off with AC on while turning when clutch is engaged, Heat only works on high.

Excellent Pickup
By dgalan on 05/24/05 19:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

14 years old and it still runs great. The only issue I have with it is that for a V6, I thought it would have had more power. But like I said, it is 14 years old.

toy truck plays tuff
By dimmy on 05/20/05 07:23 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

This truck is going to last longer than I am, too bad I wanted a new one... maybe someday if I live long enough.....

Love It
By Givememytoyota on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This is an outstanding truck. I have 125,000 miles and I spend less than $200/year to drive it. I will be extremely surprised if I have any problems before it hits 200,000 miles. As far as I am concerned, 100,000 miles is the same as zero miles on a truck like this!

Trusty Toyota
By drg8339 on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I purchased this truck new in 10/90. It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Truck has 167,000 miles on it.Need for it to die before purchasing another. I think that will be another 100,000 plus miles. Very reliable, a great ride.