1991 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
Reliable
By novak on 05/14/10 14:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

Very reliable truck, I've only had one problem, and that was a brake line rotted through, and the rims started rotting through, but that has been it and we have bad winters here in Iowa, with plenty of salt so it's understandable

This Truck Rocks
By Steven R Salvatierra on 05/02/10 19:39 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Speedometer replaced twice. A few brake jobs. Otherwise incredible. This this is like money in the bank. Runs the same as the day I bought it. Put a killer sound system with new interior and will drive it until the wheels fall off. Currently have 195,00 reliable miles ion it. Have had only three days downtime (power steering lower unit) for the past nineteen years. It may outlive me!

One Good Truck!
By Mark Staadt on 04/02/10 16:49 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have about 300,000 miles and still going strong. I use it as a rock crawler now and beat it to death and still drives great. I know of no other truck that you can use to drive over rocks the size of cars and get back on the highway and let the steering wheel go at 75 mph.

head gasket failure
By scott on 02/02/10 08:18 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned my 1991 V6 4x4 for about 14 years, Toyota replaced head gasket on recall in 1999. The truck has been reliable and trouble free until last week when the head gasket let go again. This was a very expensive fix, including machining of heads,timing belt,water pump, fuel injectors and new radiator. So $3500 later, i hope i now have that reliable,trouble free truck back !

Excellent Compact Pickup
By John Deming on 06/16/09 23:06 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am a small business owner, and this truck is perfect for me. High reliability, hasn't broken down in 170,000 miles. Cheap labor and part costs for maintenance. Very redundant design, you can abuse and damage the truck, but it will still run. Good gas mileage in class, I average 27 MPG, can get up to 35MPG on highway with 4CYL and 5 Speed Trans. Brakes and handling good, but not exceptional. Acceleration plenty for everyday driving, but not impressive. Top speed 100MPH. In almost 2yrs of ownership, the worst problem I have had is that the headlight bulbs are hard to replace. Passenger space in back is very limited but workable, great for storage. I can't think of any room for improvement.

Best Truck
By USC66 on 12/26/08 03:51 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck with only 1 option on it (rear bumper) in 91 for $7900. The first problem I had out of it was at 192000 miles, the original fan belt broke. The second issue I had was at 303000 miles the clutch finally gave out. At this time, I replaced a couple of gaskets on it because of of oil leaks and that is it. Honestly, I couldn't have ask for a better truck. At 320000 the truck still drives almost like it did when I bought it. I wouldn't be surprised if I got another 300000 out of it. I have put city miles as well as highway miles on it. I am amazed at how reliable and durable this truck has been. I do wish I could find another seat for it though because the one in it is worn out.

Can't Kill It!
By Jason Goetz on 08/24/08 14:56 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I can't say enough about my truck. Still get compliments and people trying to buy it. Bought it at 100K. Now at 308,000 miles with no rebuild. Just replaced my 5-speed trans a few month ago. It's so reliable, I can't get myself to sell it. Even the Crimson red paint still glows.

Best vehicle I ever owned
By Andrewred on 06/25/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I've owned my Toyota for 14 years now, and no breakdowns. Really, it doesn't feel any different to drive than when I first bought it. The 22RE doesn't get great mileage, about 18, but I've never had any problems with it or the fuel injection. To date, I've replaced an o2 sensor, speedometer cable, and just recently the clutch (used to have big tires). But other than those parts, it's been only consumables. Maybe one of the most reliable vehicles ever built. And looks so good in black.

1991 Toyota Pickup
By 1991 Mountain Goat! on 05/22/07 02:07 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota Pickup SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

According to the original owner, it never broke down, NOT ONCE! I say the same. I turn the key and it fires, purrs and just keeps on keepin on. Everything works and well! It has beautiful balance, stock shocks. It's just so trouble free and durable. I've owned many vehicles. This truck is just quality and quality lasts.

Purty Good
By CNH on 01/23/07 14:05 PM (PST)

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this hog because she was white and beautiful. They just look so tough. I put fender flares on it and it looks even better. Although it looks so good, it only gets about 13 mpg. Except the previous owner rebuilt the engine - don't know why, and now everything is kind of going screwy- such as the speedometer cable, truck turns off with AC on while turning when clutch is engaged, Heat only works on high.