Used 1991 Toyota Pickup Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Toyota Pickup - Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Pickup

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

Reliable
By novak

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

Very reliable truck, I've only had one problem, and that was a brake line rotted through, and the rims started rotting through, but that has been it and we have bad winters here in Iowa, with plenty of salt so it's understandable

Favorite Features

Always starts, and can be VERY loaded down without even phasing it

Suggested Improvements

More room in the extended cab

This Truck Rocks
By Steven R Salvatierra

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Speedometer replaced twice. A few brake jobs. Otherwise incredible. This this is like money in the bank. Runs the same as the day I bought it. Put a killer sound system with new interior and will drive it until the wheels fall off. Currently have 195,00 reliable miles ion it. Have had only three days downtime (power steering lower unit) for the past nineteen years. It may outlive me!

Favorite Features

Manual intermittent wiper.

Suggested Improvements

More sound isolation.

One Good Truck!
By Mark Staadt

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have about 300,000 miles and still going strong. I use it as a rock crawler now and beat it to death and still drives great. I know of no other truck that you can use to drive over rocks the size of cars and get back on the highway and let the steering wheel go at 75 mph.

Favorite Features

Starts every time!

Suggested Improvements

Make more.

head gasket failure
By scott

1991 Toyota Pickup SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've owned my 1991 V6 4x4 for about 14 years, Toyota replaced head gasket on recall in 1999. The truck has been reliable and trouble free until last week when the head gasket let go again. This was a very expensive fix, including machining of heads,timing belt,water pump, fuel injectors and new radiator. So $3500 later, i hope i now have that reliable,trouble free truck back !

Excellent Compact Pickup
By John Deming

1991 Toyota Pickup Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am a small business owner, and this truck is perfect for me. High reliability, hasn't broken down in 170,000 miles. Cheap labor and part costs for maintenance. Very redundant design, you can abuse and damage the truck, but it will still run. Good gas mileage in class, I average 27 MPG, can get up to 35MPG on highway with 4CYL and 5 Speed Trans. Brakes and handling good, but not exceptional. Acceleration plenty for everyday driving, but not impressive. Top speed 100MPH. In almost 2yrs of ownership, the worst problem I have had is that the headlight bulbs are hard to replace. Passenger space in back is very limited but workable, great for storage. I can't think of any room for improvement.

Favorite Features

Truck indestructible. Maximum weight truck bed is 1,000 pounds, but will run with 3 times that amount. It will damage your struts though. Cheap maintenance. Good gas mileage. Fast for small truck. Styling is good too. Camper shell and bed miner are great improvements.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any general improvements that would make the truck better as a whole, aside from maybe a better stereo or better cup holders.