Used 1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:

My Truck
By Eric

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought mine used in 92 with 28k on the clock. I still drive it and now have 160k miles. Not one mechanical problem. I have done recall on head gaskets. Seems to out 4x4 many other pickups. Just took my wife and two kids camping last weekend pulling a pop-up. We got 18.5 mpg! I'm so impressed with this truck, I think I'm going to do some custom work to it and keep it another 17 years. No Rust!

Clearance, quiet, reliability, mileage, looks. Body panels are relatively thick, frame is boxed! Try to find that on most new trucks!

The motor is underpowered from the factory due to emissions. Drivers side seat wears with use.

Oh what a feeling!!!
By vacuumtubefreak

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Originally purchased by me in 1992, and still have today August 2009, love my truck. In fall of 1993, I blew a head gasket and cracked my cylinder head, which at the time cost me almost $2,700 and I couldn't give up the truck for that. During January/February of 1998, I had the same hard luck, and had blown my head gasket and consequently cracked my engine block, which at the time would have run me, egads?! Fortunately, a tow truck driver informed me that there was a recall on the truck for the head gasket and to my surprise Toyota rebuilt the whole engine for free with a new block and all I paid for was the cost of new timing belts and water pump! That's with 107,000miles on it!

Best Truck Ever
By Jonathan

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

After reading the (current) 21 posts, I have to agree this is the best truck ever. I bought it new in 1990 and have never done anything other than periodic service checks (every now and then). By comparison, my 2004 Chevy Avalanche has been in for repairs at least 4 times in the past year (window motor, fuse box, tailgate lock!, front end axle wear); my Toyota has never had a problem with these or any other item (that I didn't directly cause myself, that is).

Interior design and comfort for 6'3" me.

More galvanization in the body panels (still not bad for a 19 year old truck).

Love my 1990 Toyota SR5 4X4
By Forrest

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck new in 1990, Canada. This truck has been amazing for trouble free driving. Truck still looks and drives like the day I bought it with 285,000 kms. now on it. Regular oil changes and maintenance is all it's needed.

Factory sunroof, factory big tire package

Fuel economy

My Second One
By bigtrucknwheels

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have always loved Toyota trucks. This one is no different. It's my second 90, has 182k, V6 and auto. The auto stinks, but the manual version of this is a good truck. It's one of the best factory 4x4 systems I have ever used. Highly recommended. Slightly underpowered in the top end, but torque as could be in the low. Some of the best Toyota ever built! Watch out for the rust though!

A/C, cruise, 4x4!

Hmm, better MPG maybe. Too late to improve now.

• SUV