1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pickup model:
The little Toyota.
By Jason on 09/03/10 16:03 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought the pickup at 170,000 miles less than a year ago. It has the 2.4 L 22re engine in 2wd, with a manual trans. The engine, transmission, rear end, and drive line are all original other then routine maintenance parts. (Belts, spark plugs, etc.) The pickup runs perfectly, always starts on the first try, and I know that I can depend on it. Even though it is 20 years old, the interior is pretty nice. The seats are comfortable, and have a large range of movement for different sized drivers. It is a perfect truck for anyone. May be used for tons of different functions with ease. Daily driver, farm, work, etc.

Great truck
By chad on 07/28/10 18:01 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am the second owner of this truck. Bought it with 13k miles on odometer. Currently has 88,300 pampered miles. Being that I live in Ohio (road salt, harsh winters), there is some rust around rear wheel Wells and had to purchase new tailgate. This thing has been through every terrain and regularly maintained.

Indestructible?
By Toy lover on 11/26/09 11:22 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Have had this as our "weekender" for about two years. Bought from the original owner. These little trucks maintain high resale here in California, and they deserve it! This thing is indestructible. Loves to go camping. Will 4 wheel through anything with our canoe on top. Happily goes to the dump, the landscape or the hardware store. Mileage is a little weak, 16/17ish around town, maybe 22 if I drive light on a long trip. Starting to look a little ragged, but know that at 177K it's just now broken in. Plan to keep it another 5 years, at least! What's not to love!??

I Love My Little Truck!
By Mary on 10/16/09 07:09 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am the third owner of this little truck. The first time I saw it & drove it I fell in love with it & had to have it. My father-in law being a larger gentlemen was not at all comfortable in this smaller/made for petite people, vehicle. But it fit me like a glove. Took some convincing my hubby but he finally came around. The body now has quite a few rusted out places I would love to get fixed & the drivers seat does have a spot torn. But this little truck all in all is awesome. I think with enough care (& it doesn't take much) this truck would run forever. It only has about 115,000-120,000 miles & it keeps going. Love it. Did I say I love it?

My Truck
By Eric on 09/02/09 13:49 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought mine used in 92 with 28k on the clock. I still drive it and now have 160k miles. Not one mechanical problem. I have done recall on head gaskets. Seems to out 4x4 many other pickups. Just took my wife and two kids camping last weekend pulling a pop-up. We got 18.5 mpg! I'm so impressed with this truck, I think I'm going to do some custom work to it and keep it another 17 years. No Rust!

Oh what a feeling!!!
By vacuumtubefreak on 08/04/09 19:36 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Originally purchased by me in 1992, and still have today August 2009, love my truck. In fall of 1993, I blew a head gasket and cracked my cylinder head, which at the time cost me almost $2,700 and I couldn't give up the truck for that. During January/February of 1998, I had the same hard luck, and had blown my head gasket and consequently cracked my engine block, which at the time would have run me, egads?! Fortunately, a tow truck driver informed me that there was a recall on the truck for the head gasket and to my surprise Toyota rebuilt the whole engine for free with a new block and all I paid for was the cost of new timing belts and water pump! That's with 107,000miles on it!

Best Truck Ever
By Jonathan on 07/25/09 06:41 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab SB

After reading the (current) 21 posts, I have to agree this is the best truck ever. I bought it new in 1990 and have never done anything other than periodic service checks (every now and then). By comparison, my 2004 Chevy Avalanche has been in for repairs at least 4 times in the past year (window motor, fuse box, tailgate lock!, front end axle wear); my Toyota has never had a problem with these or any other item (that I didn't directly cause myself, that is).

Love my 1990 Toyota SR5 4X4
By Forrest on 10/14/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab SR5 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought this truck new in 1990, Canada. This truck has been amazing for trouble free driving. Truck still looks and drives like the day I bought it with 285,000 kms. now on it. Regular oil changes and maintenance is all it's needed.

My Second One
By bigtrucknwheels on 06/17/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have always loved Toyota trucks. This one is no different. It's my second 90, has 182k, V6 and auto. The auto stinks, but the manual version of this is a good truck. It's one of the best factory 4x4 systems I have ever used. Highly recommended. Slightly underpowered in the top end, but torque as could be in the low. Some of the best Toyota ever built! Watch out for the rust though!

my truck
By beth alexander on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Pickup Extended Cab Deluxe 2dr Extended Cab SB

my truck is very good to me. i drive about 40,000 miles a year and being a small woman, it's the perfect size.