Used 1997 Toyota Paseo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Paseo

View reviews for a specific Paseo model:

Super Fun Hot-Rod
By walkndaddy

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

Purchased @ 103,00 miles. No paint fading except on door handles. Am 6' 2" so racing seats. Need slight inclination to keep head well clear of top. Replaced rear seat with flooring for storage. Will replace worn suspension and lower 2". front tower brace added. Good acceleration. Expect "on a rail" handling. Built like a tank already. Excellent economy and a thrill to drive already. WOW!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Dashboard, steering wheel location, solid build, economy.

Suggested Improvements

If possibly seats lower. Have to lean back to accomodate my height with convertible top up.

My Mystic
By christene

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

My little Toyota Paseo is the best little car I have ever owned. She has given reliability, good gas mileage and easy driving for the last 12 years. I change her oil, do annual maintenance and she, I call her Mystic runs forever. This morning, I hit a deer, my car swerved out of the animal's way and the damage was minimal to the PASEO AND THE DEER RAN AWAY. I am still alive to talk about how my little car handled the road to try and not hit the deer which was inevitable. Broke the side light, dented the right fender and broke the passenger mirror but my little car keeps driving. I will repair the best little car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage and convertible fun.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger back seat, better ventilation on front window as it fogs up badly, and music system and better rims that will hold the air in the tires instead of aluminum which loses air in the winter.

Great car
By dray

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I bought my 97 Paseo in' 01 and I love this car. It now has 155,000 miles on it and I get 30 some mpg. So this is the car we use for trips and everything. Every time I think of a new car I look at the mpg of the new cars and nothing works. So I think me and my Paseo will just continue on. Besides since it is a convertible it is just plain FUN.

Favorite Features

MPG

Love the Paseo Convertible!
By 123toyo

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I've owned my Toyota Paseo Convertible for many years and I still love it!! The gas mileage is awesome and the car handles really well. Toyota really knows how to make them!!

Favorite Features

I love the convertible and the car is so easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Too bad they stopped making them!

Great First Car
By uniqueqt2

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I am writing about this car because I am ready to buy a new one. My boyfriend is battling me on this because he says its hard to come buy a good car and he is true. I purchased this car when it was seven years old and it has never failed me. This car has taken me from florida to los angeles and back with all of my worldly possesions and my dog. I highly reccommend this car.Don't let the age fool you - its sweeter now than ever. When my friends are paying $40 to fill their gas tanks I am only paying $20.

Favorite Features

The easy maintenance. And the way she turns corners and the push she has.

Suggested Improvements

This car has seats in the back but it sits more like a two seater. Great for children, but not full side adults. I would say it would almost be dangerous to have passengers in the back seat because their heads touch the glass.