1997 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Paseo model:
Super Fun Hot-Rod
By walkndaddy on 03/22/14 05:03 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

Purchased @ 103,00 miles. No paint fading except on door handles. Am 6' 2" so racing seats. Need slight inclination to keep head well clear of top. Replaced rear seat with flooring for storage. Will replace worn suspension and lower 2". front tower brace added. Good acceleration. Expect "on a rail" handling. Built like a tank already. Excellent economy and a thrill to drive already. WOW!!!!!!!

My Mystic
By christene on 09/13/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

My little Toyota Paseo is the best little car I have ever owned. She has given reliability, good gas mileage and easy driving for the last 12 years. I change her oil, do annual maintenance and she, I call her Mystic runs forever. This morning, I hit a deer, my car swerved out of the animal's way and the damage was minimal to the PASEO AND THE DEER RAN AWAY. I am still alive to talk about how my little car handled the road to try and not hit the deer which was inevitable. Broke the side light, dented the right fender and broke the passenger mirror but my little car keeps driving. I will repair the best little car I have ever owned.

Great car
By dray on 08/25/09 06:29 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I bought my 97 Paseo in' 01 and I love this car. It now has 155,000 miles on it and I get 30 some mpg. So this is the car we use for trips and everything. Every time I think of a new car I look at the mpg of the new cars and nothing works. So I think me and my Paseo will just continue on. Besides since it is a convertible it is just plain FUN.

Love the Paseo Convertible!
By 123toyo on 07/12/08 05:25 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I've owned my Toyota Paseo Convertible for many years and I still love it!! The gas mileage is awesome and the car handles really well. Toyota really knows how to make them!!

A fun and practical little car
By Budman 254 on 03/29/07 19:08 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

Stole this car from the original owner (brother in-law) for 3 grand. First convertible i've owned. What a blast! Car makes great power for a small engine between 3 and 4000 rpm. Handles way better than most original reviews I've read, and you can't beat the gas mileage. Have put about 4000 mi. since purchase (83,000 on it now) and have only done plugs and wires and oil change - all easily done myself. I have 2 other vehicles I can't even get to the plugs on. Mine is red just like the one in the picture, and people constantly comment on its good looks. With gas prices what they are, Toyota should re-introduce this model.

Love my toyota
By joe hawaka on 09/13/05 11:37 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

bought vehicle new and have never had any problems w/ the vehicle !!! besides normal schd maint, I have only replace the rear shocks. Not bad for 150,000 miles !!! I have never owned a car that requires minimal maint. I would strongly suggest this car for those who want a reliable, fuel efficient vehicle that is fun to drive !! joe

Fun little car
By Doug on 12/02/04 20:44 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I had been looking to buy a convertible that would be both fun yet somewhat practical. The Paseo fit the bit (over a miata... no back seat). The car is fun to drive, peppy enough in commuter driving and on the weekends, and easy at the gas station. Insurance was also a pleasant surprise. Great car, could not be much happier (ok, 20 more horses would be ok...).