Used 1997 Toyota Paseo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Paseo

View reviews for a specific Paseo model:

Most Helpful|
Super Fun Hot-Rod
By walkndaddy

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

Purchased @ 103,00 miles. No paint fading except on door handles. Am 6' 2" so racing seats. Need slight inclination to keep head well clear of top. Replaced rear seat with flooring for storage. Will replace worn suspension and lower 2". front tower brace added. Good acceleration. Expect "on a rail" handling. Built like a tank already. Excellent economy and a thrill to drive already. WOW!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Dashboard, steering wheel location, solid build, economy.

Suggested Improvements

If possibly seats lower. Have to lean back to accomodate my height with convertible top up.

Great car
By dray

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I bought my 97 Paseo in' 01 and I love this car. It now has 155,000 miles on it and I get 30 some mpg. So this is the car we use for trips and everything. Every time I think of a new car I look at the mpg of the new cars and nothing works. So I think me and my Paseo will just continue on. Besides since it is a convertible it is just plain FUN.

Favorite Features

MPG

My Mystic
By christene

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

My little Toyota Paseo is the best little car I have ever owned. She has given reliability, good gas mileage and easy driving for the last 12 years. I change her oil, do annual maintenance and she, I call her Mystic runs forever. This morning, I hit a deer, my car swerved out of the animal's way and the damage was minimal to the PASEO AND THE DEER RAN AWAY. I am still alive to talk about how my little car handled the road to try and not hit the deer which was inevitable. Broke the side light, dented the right fender and broke the passenger mirror but my little car keeps driving. I will repair the best little car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage and convertible fun.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger back seat, better ventilation on front window as it fogs up badly, and music system and better rims that will hold the air in the tires instead of aluminum which loses air in the winter.

A fun and practical little car
By Budman 254

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

Stole this car from the original owner (brother in-law) for 3 grand. First convertible i've owned. What a blast! Car makes great power for a small engine between 3 and 4000 rpm. Handles way better than most original reviews I've read, and you can't beat the gas mileage. Have put about 4000 mi. since purchase (83,000 on it now) and have only done plugs and wires and oil change - all easily done myself. I have 2 other vehicles I can't even get to the plugs on. Mine is red just like the one in the picture, and people constantly comment on its good looks. With gas prices what they are, Toyota should re-introduce this model.

Favorite Features

Handling, gas mileage, looks.

Suggested Improvements

Weak power window motors. Another 30 HP would be great. A power roof would be nice.

Love the Paseo Convertible!
By 123toyo

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I've owned my Toyota Paseo Convertible for many years and I still love it!! The gas mileage is awesome and the car handles really well. Toyota really knows how to make them!!

Favorite Features

I love the convertible and the car is so easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Too bad they stopped making them!