1997 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Paseo model:
Super Fun Hot-Rod
By walkndaddy on 03/22/14 05:03 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

Purchased @ 103,00 miles. No paint fading except on door handles. Am 6' 2" so racing seats. Need slight inclination to keep head well clear of top. Replaced rear seat with flooring for storage. Will replace worn suspension and lower 2". front tower brace added. Good acceleration. Expect "on a rail" handling. Built like a tank already. Excellent economy and a thrill to drive already. WOW!!!!!!!

My Mystic
By christene on 09/13/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

My little Toyota Paseo is the best little car I have ever owned. She has given reliability, good gas mileage and easy driving for the last 12 years. I change her oil, do annual maintenance and she, I call her Mystic runs forever. This morning, I hit a deer, my car swerved out of the animal's way and the damage was minimal to the PASEO AND THE DEER RAN AWAY. I am still alive to talk about how my little car handled the road to try and not hit the deer which was inevitable. Broke the side light, dented the right fender and broke the passenger mirror but my little car keeps driving. I will repair the best little car I have ever owned.

Great car
By dray on 08/25/09 06:29 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I bought my 97 Paseo in' 01 and I love this car. It now has 155,000 miles on it and I get 30 some mpg. So this is the car we use for trips and everything. Every time I think of a new car I look at the mpg of the new cars and nothing works. So I think me and my Paseo will just continue on. Besides since it is a convertible it is just plain FUN.

Love the Paseo Convertible!
By 123toyo on 07/12/08 05:25 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I've owned my Toyota Paseo Convertible for many years and I still love it!! The gas mileage is awesome and the car handles really well. Toyota really knows how to make them!!

Great First Car
By uniqueqt2 on 01/24/08 17:01 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I am writing about this car because I am ready to buy a new one. My boyfriend is battling me on this because he says its hard to come buy a good car and he is true. I purchased this car when it was seven years old and it has never failed me. This car has taken me from florida to los angeles and back with all of my worldly possesions and my dog. I highly reccommend this car.Don't let the age fool you - its sweeter now than ever. When my friends are paying $40 to fill their gas tanks I am only paying $20.

A fun and practical little car
By Budman 254 on 03/29/07 19:08 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

Stole this car from the original owner (brother in-law) for 3 grand. First convertible i've owned. What a blast! Car makes great power for a small engine between 3 and 4000 rpm. Handles way better than most original reviews I've read, and you can't beat the gas mileage. Have put about 4000 mi. since purchase (83,000 on it now) and have only done plugs and wires and oil change - all easily done myself. I have 2 other vehicles I can't even get to the plugs on. Mine is red just like the one in the picture, and people constantly comment on its good looks. With gas prices what they are, Toyota should re-introduce this model.

Love my toyota
By joe hawaka on 09/13/05 11:37 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

bought vehicle new and have never had any problems w/ the vehicle !!! besides normal schd maint, I have only replace the rear shocks. Not bad for 150,000 miles !!! I have never owned a car that requires minimal maint. I would strongly suggest this car for those who want a reliable, fuel efficient vehicle that is fun to drive !! joe

Fun little car
By Doug on 12/02/04 20:44 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Convertible

I had been looking to buy a convertible that would be both fun yet somewhat practical. The Paseo fit the bit (over a miata... no back seat). The car is fun to drive, peppy enough in commuter driving and on the weekends, and easy at the gas station. Insurance was also a pleasant surprise. Great car, could not be much happier (ok, 20 more horses would be ok...).

#1 Toyota Underdog
By Matsu Taktix on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I bought my Toyota Paseo (a.k.a Veronica)at age 16. It has become my everything. This car has handling that you could not imagine. I've pushed this car to the redline time and time again and it wont fail me. This car has been reliable and will continue to be reliable. The Paseo is one of the most under rated cars out there and should be given much more credit. It's acceleration is more than acceptable for a car that only puts out 93 horses and 100 pounds of torque. I actually own a 1998 Paseo and i expect to keep this car for the rest of my life. This car will stop at nothing.

Great first car
By Paseo owner on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I bought my paseo new. It was the first car I ever purchased on my own. It's small but at the time (I was 21) it was just what I wanted. I love the way it handles and takes a corner. In six years I have never had a mechanical problem. Most reviews will say an adult cannot ride in the back but I am here to tell you my friends have done it many times. Of course the older we get the less we want to! :) I think this is a great car for a highschool/college student.