Used 1994 Toyota Paseo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Paseo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (10 reviews )

Awesome Car!
By lonestar777

1994 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used with 150000 miles already on it..Needed a reliable car for Hospice Home Health putting hundreds of miles on my car a week. My patients needed reliability and they needed me. I did have a timing belt put on it at 200000 as I was never sure when the last time was that it was replaced. Never did any other repairs... Oh yea I did, had to change the battery. Have 208000 on it now and its still running strong and the clutch is still good as ever.. Hmmm I wonder if it ever had a clutch replaced? All I can say is it's an AWESOME car for those who need reliability.

Almost Everything.

Alittle roomier in the back so my older kids don't hit their head on the back window when I hit a bump. It is great tho if I am mad at my teenager and then I just give it some extra gas over a speed bump and they bump their head on the window alittle harder. Ooops. Oh and maybe alittle more power in the pick up and go.

The best car ever
By Bryan

1994 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is the best ever. I had it over 3 years and it still gives me more than 30 mpg and saves me a lot of money. I changeD the body kit and some things in the interior just to make it look furious and cool. It is so sporty looking and fun to drive. For those who are looking for a car in the 90s buy a Paseo, it's cool to drive and it saves you a lot of money. I will ride this car for all my life.

Reliability, fuel economy and a nice car for everyone who is going to buy his/her first car.

The engine could be bigger and more space in the back seat. BUT a great car for 2.

Reliable little car
By toyotafan

1994 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

Being a college student, this car has been awesome to me. I bought the car with less than 60k miles on it and it now has about 105k miles. During the 3 years I've had it I have had to nothing outside of the regular maintenance. This car never let me down and I absolutely bagged on it, constantly revving it to the red line. That's one of the problems with this car, the power is lacking horribly, you almost need to rev it to the red line to get the speed up. The interior is nice but the back seats are so small I never want to drive because I feel bad for the people in the back. There are also so terrible blind spots.

Suspension keeps the car driving straight at high speeds, super gas mileage, reliable!

More power, fix the blind spots, more interior room in the back seats.

Fun little car
By michael

1994 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is a fun little car to drive the reliability is ok. I have had to do a few things nothing major, it gets around 40 miles to the gallon and that makes me happy. It has 123589 miles on it and I see no sign of it quiting any time soon. I guess you could say I love my car, I have a 5speed and I enjoy shifting the gears in it. I drive around town alot and I travel some it's smooth at 70+ I am happy with it over all .

Its fun to drive, its great on gas Its a good looking car.

Clutch could be a little tighter. The engine could be a little bigger, needs more rear head room. It could rev lower at 70 +

First problem was last
By byebyepaseo

1994 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

Car was well mantained and never had a single problem, absolutely zero repairs other than regular maintenance all the way to 135,000+ miles. Then one day the engine died out of the blue, threw a rod. A/C, auto trans., everything still worked perfectly until it suddenly gave out. Not sure what to think, was a great car until then but expected a well mantained toyota to last longer before dying.

Reliability (until the end) fuel economy, very nimble.

more power, maybe a bit quieter, oh yea, make the engine last longer