1994 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (0 review )
Awesome Car!
By lonestar777 on 01/29/12 21:35 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used with 150000 miles already on it..Needed a reliable car for Hospice Home Health putting hundreds of miles on my car a week. My patients needed reliability and they needed me. I did have a timing belt put on it at 200000 as I was never sure when the last time was that it was replaced. Never did any other repairs... Oh yea I did, had to change the battery. Have 208000 on it now and its still running strong and the clutch is still good as ever.. Hmmm I wonder if it ever had a clutch replaced? All I can say is it's an AWESOME car for those who need reliability.

The best car ever
By Bryan on 06/04/08 00:59 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

This car is the best ever. I had it over 3 years and it still gives me more than 30 mpg and saves me a lot of money. I changeD the body kit and some things in the interior just to make it look furious and cool. It is so sporty looking and fun to drive. For those who are looking for a car in the 90s buy a Paseo, it's cool to drive and it saves you a lot of money. I will ride this car for all my life.

Reliable little car
By toyotafan on 04/13/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Being a college student, this car has been awesome to me. I bought the car with less than 60k miles on it and it now has about 105k miles. During the 3 years I've had it I have had to nothing outside of the regular maintenance. This car never let me down and I absolutely bagged on it, constantly revving it to the red line. That's one of the problems with this car, the power is lacking horribly, you almost need to rev it to the red line to get the speed up. The interior is nice but the back seats are so small I never want to drive because I feel bad for the people in the back. There are also so terrible blind spots.

Fun little car
By michael on 04/16/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

This is a fun little car to drive the reliability is ok. I have had to do a few things nothing major, it gets around 40 miles to the gallon and that makes me happy. It has 123589 miles on it and I see no sign of it quiting any time soon. I guess you could say I love my car, I have a 5speed and I enjoy shifting the gears in it. I drive around town alot and I travel some it's smooth at 70+ I am happy with it over all .

First problem was last
By byebyepaseo on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Car was well mantained and never had a single problem, absolutely zero repairs other than regular maintenance all the way to 135,000+ miles. Then one day the engine died out of the blue, threw a rod. A/C, auto trans., everything still worked perfectly until it suddenly gave out. Not sure what to think, was a great car until then but expected a well mantained toyota to last longer before dying.

Great Car for Kids!
By chelle10scscc on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I have never had any problems with this car except an oil leak. It is a realible car. It's almost 10 years old and still going good. Recommend this car to anyone especailly a beginer driver!

Reliable and trouble free
By vinit on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

i have had this car for 2 years now and will have it till it dies probably...coz i see no problems coming up. its a small car but makes up very well as a student car. i dont have to spend anything on repairs and stuff..just normal maintenance like oil changes every 3k miles.

By SuPerR on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

This car is very reliable, nothing ever went wrong with it since i've had it, i put an exhaust on it and the accelaration is great on it now. it's very fuel economic and saves me a lot of money on gas. it's a comfortabel ride and i think it's fun to drive because even though it has a small engine, i have a manual transmission and i have a lot of fun with that.

This car is my baby!
By shelby94 on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I saw this car after looking around for new cars in '99, and I knew I had to have it. It is so sporty, fun to drive, and great on gas. I have never had any problems with it. If I was given 50k to buy a Mercedes tomorrow I would probably still drive my little Paseo.

Toyota Quality
By gfinke on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

This car is one of the most reliable cars I have ever seen. Being a college student, I can't afford repairs ever month. This car has never had anything wrong with it and I have only done the usual matainence (oil change, tuneup every 30k and brakes). I will drive this car until it dies which I can tell wont be for a long time.