1993 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (10 reviews )
my race car
By john on 04/26/10 19:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

my car had around 220000 when i got it, it now has 240000 plus on it, and runs just as good if not better than when i got it! and im not that nice to this car, only major thing i had to do was replace the clutch when i first got it, the only bad things are the body rot and blown struts and brakes, but that wouldnt happen if i drove it like a normal person haha.

Paseos Rock
By George on 07/21/09 18:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I have owned two paseos and like them very much. They are peppy and fun to drive. The first one was going strong at 265,000 miles but I totaled it by hitting a deer. I looked for another one in 2004 and am still driving this one at 215,000. Reliable and starts every time.

Toyota Paseos are fantastic and reliable
By Tooster76 on 10/09/08 06:03 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I purchased my second car in June 2000 and I still have this car to this day. I have to tell you that this car is essentially reliable and good around corners, fuel and I have not had any mechanical failures or problems with this one at all. The only thing I have had is maintenance e.g. replacement of CV joints, tune up, etc. I vouch for the Toyota Paseo. It is under-rated and it deserves a lot of credit for its design, fuel economy, reliability and structure. Its quite correct that in the back, only small people can really fit in it. It's really designed for 2 adults and 2 children. Overall though 9/10.

Paseo was decent
By Toni on 04/19/08 23:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I was just getting used to the Paseo when somebody hit me but I was not entirely loving it. I felt very cramped in the driver's seat compared to my Honda. My head bumped the window in the backseat, painful for passengers. It ran pretty well, decent acceleration. Excellent gas mileage. Next time I want a bigger car.

Reliable Car
By flyhighbabi on 08/14/07 13:23 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

It's over 175,000 miles, and never once had mechanical problem. Replaced thermostat at 165K, and other than routine maintenance (wear/tear), transmission and engine is in excellent condition. My friend didn't believe it is over 175k because the engine is so quiet. Commuted between Vegas and LA last year every weekend, and never broke down in the desert. Gets 36 mpg, why pay more for hybrid. This one is a keeper. Great for one or two person drive around town doing chors. Space and power is limited, but we didn't buy it for those. We have a 4Runner and Sienna for those. We only drive Toyotas because of their quality.

Great but gutless
By a4doorsupra on 03/26/07 20:58 PM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

This was the first car that I financed. so I was paying for it and had to take care of the car. Also my first Toyota. I soon realized what makes Toyotas so great. This little car is very well built. Its handling is adequate for its top speed. This was just a fun little car to drive although I do wish I had a stick, not an auto. Makes an already gutless car even more so.

Car has been good to me.
By Chris on 01/20/06 15:55 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Overall, this car was a solid buy. I bought it at 59k miles and it now has 145k miles. I had to replace the thermostat 2x as the only non-typical repair. It now leaks oil and coolant, but not once has it ever let me down. The back seat is very short (people over 5'6 or so hit their head) and the trunk is small, but I knew that going in. Overall, I have been a happy customer. I am definitely considering a Toyota again. Not a bad car for a cheap purchase now.

A Great Car
By SalemGirl on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

This car is 11 years old, but is more reliable than a lot of my friend's new cars. My car rarely has any mechanical problems, besides some of the parts that just get old after a decade or so of driving.It is still a joy to drive.

Excellent vehicle
By Reevie on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

My Paseo is almost 11 years old. It has 240,000 miles on it and it runs great. I think I'll have no problem getting 300,000 miles out of it.

Paseo is Perfect
By Queen J on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I absoloutly LOVE my Paseo! Never let ANYONE tell you they are bad cars! It gets WONDERFUL gas mileage, is fun to drive, & very reliable. Not to mention all that, but my someone in a brand new Honda Accord reversed into my side door -- & the paseo was unhurt! His car however walked away w/a scratch! I absoloutly love this car.