Used 1993 Toyota Paseo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (10 reviews )

my race car
By john

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

my car had around 220000 when i got it, it now has 240000 plus on it, and runs just as good if not better than when i got it! and im not that nice to this car, only major thing i had to do was replace the clutch when i first got it, the only bad things are the body rot and blown struts and brakes, but that wouldnt happen if i drove it like a normal person haha.

Favorite Features

easy to work on, cheep parts, fuel mileage

Suggested Improvements

MORE POWER! better piston rings.....

Paseos Rock
By George

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I have owned two paseos and like them very much. They are peppy and fun to drive. The first one was going strong at 265,000 miles but I totaled it by hitting a deer. I looked for another one in 2004 and am still driving this one at 215,000. Reliable and starts every time.

Favorite Features

Very zippy & reliable car.

Suggested Improvements

No room in back seat.

Toyota Paseos are fantastic and reliable
By Tooster76

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I purchased my second car in June 2000 and I still have this car to this day. I have to tell you that this car is essentially reliable and good around corners, fuel and I have not had any mechanical failures or problems with this one at all. The only thing I have had is maintenance e.g. replacement of CV joints, tune up, etc. I vouch for the Toyota Paseo. It is under-rated and it deserves a lot of credit for its design, fuel economy, reliability and structure. Its quite correct that in the back, only small people can really fit in it. It's really designed for 2 adults and 2 children. Overall though 9/10.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, fuel economy, sleek in structure, smooth and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

The coupe is designed for 2 adults and 2 children or small adults. It doesn't really cater for bigger adults to fit in the back. The back needs to be enlarged or suit to fit all sizes. The engine is small and is designed for small hands to fix things mechanically. Big is not catered for here.

Paseo was decent
By Toni

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I was just getting used to the Paseo when somebody hit me but I was not entirely loving it. I felt very cramped in the driver's seat compared to my Honda. My head bumped the window in the backseat, painful for passengers. It ran pretty well, decent acceleration. Excellent gas mileage. Next time I want a bigger car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Very cramped inside.

Reliable Car
By flyhighbabi

1993 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

It's over 175,000 miles, and never once had mechanical problem. Replaced thermostat at 165K, and other than routine maintenance (wear/tear), transmission and engine is in excellent condition. My friend didn't believe it is over 175k because the engine is so quiet. Commuted between Vegas and LA last year every weekend, and never broke down in the desert. Gets 36 mpg, why pay more for hybrid. This one is a keeper. Great for one or two person drive around town doing chors. Space and power is limited, but we didn't buy it for those. We have a 4Runner and Sienna for those. We only drive Toyotas because of their quality.

Favorite Features

Just quality built, everything is great.

Suggested Improvements

Too bad this model is discontinued.