1992 Toyota Paseo 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Toyota, bring the Paseo back!

1992 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Review

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Base Coupe (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Toyota, bring the Paseo back!
By KT on

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Bought this car as a fuel saving alternative to my Silverado. Gas savings paid for car in 11 months. Fun to drive and at 32 city 40 hwy I can go a lot more. Previous owner stated over drive was shot. New thermostat fixed the problem. Seems to be almost a cult following of Paseo owners. Installed new struts at 120,000 miles. It only took an hour and I'm not a professional mechanic. I'll keep this car as long as I can keep it running. It only asks for a little gas, 3500 mile oil changes, and a new air filter every so often. Have had a problem with rear light fuse MELTING. This has happened twice and I've not found the problem.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Easy to maintain. Easy to park. Easy to scoot in and out of traffic.

Suggested Improvements

Never, never, never again put seat belts attached to the door. It's the drivers responsibility to buckle up. Stop trying to make it idiot proof. Cruise control would be great on trips. Why have a back seat if no average adult/teen-ager can ride back there. No infant car seats either.