1992 Toyota Paseo Consumer Review: Sexy and reliable!

1992 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Sexy and reliable!
By original Paseo dude on

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I bought my Paseo in August 1992 as my first car and still have it, 129,000+ miles later. I had to replace the water pump in mid 1996, and the air conditioning system began having leaks in 2004. Aside from that, just normal stuff like replacing worn brakes and tires. I get the oil changed about every 4,000 to 6,000 miles. Still has all original engine parts. It's a manual transmission, but the clutch still works great. I paid off the loan for it in April 1996 and hope it lasts at least another 10 years! Has been a great first car; as a used car, would be super for a teenager: reliable, gas efficient, sporty-looking.

Great gas mileage, reliable, few major repairs needed. Manual transmission shifts very easily. Rear seat folds down to allow extra space for long items put in trunk. Quiet engine and muffler. Toyota has earned my trust for their cars based on this experience.

Wish the trunk opening to the back seat was bigger. I don't ride in the back, but the aerodynamic tilt of the back window is too low to keep rear passengers from hitting their heads on it. Rear legroom is tiny. Huge blindspots when looking behind for traffic.