1992 Toyota Paseo Consumer Review: Perfect first car

1992 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Perfect first car
By toritown on

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 Toyota Paseo 6 months ago at the end of my sophomore year of high school and as a 16 year-old I was pretty nervous about this purchase. I soon fell in love with this car because of its color, cute style, and of course because it's a standard! I bought the car with 165,000 miles and have had only two problems with it (in the course of 3,000 m): the gas peddle became partially detached and only worked when depressed halfway (peddle to the metal), my mother was able to fix this by adjusting the bolt; and the alternator belt needed replacing (which oddly set off the brake light). I get between 31mpg town and 44 highway, which I love. I find this car perfect for me.

Great gas mileage (31-44mpg), good turning radius, cute design, sun roof, crank-windows, enthusiastic trunk.

The back seat was unfortunately designed for children for the country of origin of the car; all my friends love my car, as long as they sit in the front seat. The oil filter is at an awkward spot. The levels of the engine fluids are hard to read. The seat belts are a bit sticky, and although I love the spaceship like, dual action belts, they are confusing.