My first new car
By my first love on
1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe
I saw this car when I was in my senior year of college down in Florida, and had to get it. I leased it at $200.00 a month for 5 years (remember that???) figuring I'd beat the hell out of it, and move on. Problem was, I averaged over 40K miles a year so I had to buy it! All told, I'm guessing I put about 300k to 325K miles on it in the 12 years that I had it. I gave it to a friend, whom I lost touch with and for all I know, it is still running to this day. Mine was a 5 speed with a small 1.5 liter engine. I averaged close to 40 mpg when I had it. Toward the end, it used about a quart of oil every thousand miles or so, and leaked antifreeze, but it always started up.
Favorite Features
Sporty looking, nice sun roof, 40 + mpgs. Reliable as hell. It always got me where I want to go. Easy to park in the city, and cruised nicely at 75- 85 mph on the interstates. Good aerodynamics... hardly ever felt the wind. This car sold me on Toyotas!
Suggested Improvements
They should have made this just a two seater. The back seat was basically useless.