1992 Toyota Paseo Consumer Review: Stylish but built to last.

1992 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Stylish but built to last.
By Marie G on

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

184,000 miles and still cruising with fabulous gas mileage, peppy performance, minimal maintenance, and classic style. Sticker mileage was 19/23. But have always gotten 33/36. Heavy expressway traffic or Chicago blizzards might lessen that a bit. Almost zero problems - in 18 yrs, have paid only $6869 for all maintenance, including oil changes, flat tires, headlamps, et al. My friends keep telling me that "this car won't last." But they've been telling me that for the last 10 years. Though it's not the most luxurious, in 18+ years, this car has started every day (even today when it was 10 degrees). Like a young horse, fresh from the stable, it's always rarin' to go.

Sporty, peppy, easy to find city parking spots - only minor mechanical problems in 18 years. Other than regular maintenance items, replaced windshield washer motor, water pump, flex pipe, bulbs. That's about it.

Back seat is fit only for small children or medium- sized dogs. Trunk is weirdly shaped - keep bungee cords on hand if you need to transport anything. Back side panel design can create a blind spot - but once you know it's there, you deal with it.
By fireant23
on 01/21/11 12:04 PM (PST)

Its funny how much ppl talk trash about a great car like this. I have the same one and I love it! I have never had a problem with it. I dont like any of the newer cars because to me they are problems. Keep riding that box because its going to last you!