Used 1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (44 reviews )

I wish I never had to get another car
By Der Komissar

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my Paseo in October 2002, it had about 78k miles at the time, now it's at 116k. This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned, period. It's starting to look a little rough, but the engine & tranny (automatic) both feel like they could go another 100k.

Good MPG, acceptable performance, exceptional reliability.

No airbags.

Love It!!!!
By Love It!!!!!!

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my '92 Paseo in July 1998 from the original owner. It was in great shape on only had 40k miles on it after 6 years. I've had several SUVs since then and after the latest gas price spike, parked the SUVs and have been driving this. I drive 35 miles one way to work daily. I was paying $75 week for gas in my Yukon XL but now spend $20-25. I am a single parent and the extra money helps. I would recommend this car to anyone on a budget as long as they don't have more than 1 or 2 small children. This is my weekday car. I love it!!!!!

Fuel Economy!!! take off speed

Cruise control definitely!!!!, airbags, power sunroof

Paseo EL44 1992
By jeffx

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car recently due to high gas prices. I had owned Subarus in the past, and heard good things about Toyota. I was looking for a sporty coupe, and this filled the bill. Very reliable, fun to drive. Basic maintenence. Good MPG. Sporty looking and fits in my garage nicely.

Small displacement, nice handling car. I've only added a front strut brace from a JDM Starlet. It has a middle console (option) and an OEM stone guard (bra).

4E-FTE from Toyota Starlet swap. Rear discs from Toyota EP91(?)Starlet.

Ive had her forever!
By Shes almost done

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my 92' Paseo. I've had her since she was brand new. For me this car is ideal. Im 5'1, so those complaining its not that comfortable, for me it is. She fits into any parking space (although sometimes hard to find behind the giant SUV's. haha), drives like a champion, and doesn't look that bad. I have beat her up a little, she's been hit before, but still - shes like a tank! I don't want to get rid of her, but it's time to move on. I love her - but I need airbags. And she kinda scares me in the snow - here in NY winters can be brutal - and she's so light, she can blow away.

Size. Gas. I can fill her up for $25. And it lasts me all week. Speed. She can whip in and out of traffic.

Airbags. Airbags. Airbags. IPOD dock. Normal seat-belts. If they brought this car back - I would def buy it again!

'92 Toyota Paseo
By Jace

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I got my Paseo from a friend, who got it from an older gentleman who used it for a year and a half. When I got it, all it needed was a new air hose (hard to find but we synthesized it) and some rubber transmission seals that had worn down. When those were fixed, the car ran fine. It has a roomy seat for the driver and passenger, but the rear is a little tight for taller people, but perfect for kids. The engine is steady and reliable, and the features easily excessible. Ex: The spark plugs are readily available for changing right after you open the hood. I would recommend this car for a new couple or a kid learning how to drive a stick.

Wide radio deck good for expansion, excellent interior: shape, color, coolness, and general reliability.

The rear tail light is LED run. I cannot find a replacement for it. Other than that, none!