1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe Consumer Reviews 3

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (44 reviews )
My white paseo
By Sassywahine on 03/22/06 20:19 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my paseo used at a toyota dealer who owned it and used it as a messenger car. This car is 15 years old and have not given me any problems at all. Before I bought it, I asked my dads advice about buying a first year car. He said, if Toyota owned it, whatever problems that car had, you can be sure that Toyota fixed it. There is no flaw about this car. The paint and interior is in good condition. I must agree with the other reviews that this car is very small and you can not have back seat passenger. I use to go on 6 hr trip with this car and it is really hard on the back. But, if you are just driving around town or doing errands with this car, $20 last a long time

Toyota, bring the Paseo back!
By KT on 01/07/06 12:47 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought this car as a fuel saving alternative to my Silverado. Gas savings paid for car in 11 months. Fun to drive and at 32 city 40 hwy I can go a lot more. Previous owner stated over drive was shot. New thermostat fixed the problem. Seems to be almost a cult following of Paseo owners. Installed new struts at 120,000 miles. It only took an hour and I'm not a professional mechanic. I'll keep this car as long as I can keep it running. It only asks for a little gas, 3500 mile oil changes, and a new air filter every so often. Have had a problem with rear light fuse MELTING. This has happened twice and I've not found the problem.

You want reliable?
By Chris Cramer on 05/14/05 01:15 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have to say that although this is not the most comfortable or fast car i have ever driven, it is certainly the most reliable. There wasn't a day that the car didnt start for me regardless of how much i didn't take care of it. My main gripe however is with the interior styling. The car in the automatic version at least, did not come with an arm rest. The particular car i bought also did not have tilt stearing. This made the driving experience a little uncomfortable in general and especially for long trips. Would i buy one again? Yes i certainly would. In fact, i plan to when the time comes. Once again... if reliability is what you are after... this is your car.

Sexy and reliable!
By original Paseo dude on 02/21/05 13:44 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my Paseo in August 1992 as my first car and still have it, 129,000+ miles later. I had to replace the water pump in mid 1996, and the air conditioning system began having leaks in 2004. Aside from that, just normal stuff like replacing worn brakes and tires. I get the oil changed about every 4,000 to 6,000 miles. Still has all original engine parts. It's a manual transmission, but the clutch still works great. I paid off the loan for it in April 1996 and hope it lasts at least another 10 years! Has been a great first car; as a used car, would be super for a teenager: reliable, gas efficient, sporty-looking.

keeps on ticking........
By Taton on 01/24/05 14:35 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I drive my 92 Paseo 150 miles per day and have been for about 6 months. Sure...its small on the inside, the backseat is really not for anyone taller than 5 feet, but the car is the perfect commuter vehicle for one or two people. Its gas mileage is rivaled by only a few cars - most of which are high tech hybrids. The motor is small, but it doesn't have to haul much car, so its also spunky and fun to drive. If this one dies, I'm going to look for one just like it. all hail Toyota engineering!

Great Car!
By pg123 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

It has been my winter companion for last 3 years.

92 Paseo, still going.
By Paseo Driver on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car has been so good to me, but I got a GOLF GTI, and it was the worse, lucky for me I kept it, and I needed it becuase the VW GTI had so many problems that I had to take it to the dealer like 6 times. Now the battery went dead, and I am towing it to the dealer since I did not drive it for one year! Still the best car I ever had.

My wife picked a great car
By jerry d on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

When my wife and I buy a car we alternately pick. The paseo was her choice and it has been a winner. We bought it new and have over 150 thousand miles on it. It still has all original equipment, For years I drove it 98 miles a day back and forth to work and never once experienced a breakdown. It still averages about 39 miles a gallon. The interior is a little cramped for my size and the seatbelts ... could be better.

My first car
By PedroJoe14 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

Man, what a great car. I've had it going on 4 years now. I haven't taken care of it like I should, but it has never failed me. I went 10000 miles without an oil change once and it had no problems. Alas, it is on it's last legs. The cv joints have been going out for the past year, and I don't think they will hold much longer. I wish I had the money to really take care of it, but I can truthfully say I will miss it and that it will probably be the best car I'll ever own.

Little ol' Blue
By Donna Sheets on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love my car! I bought her new in July 1991. She is a 1992, 1 of the 1st 5 brought in to Spokane. We have been through a lot of good and bad together. (She has been hit and run on her rear- end twice sitting @ home in her own parking space). She is a kick to drive and still looks great. All of the engine is still original parts, I have done basic maintenance and new tires. She has over 116,000 miles on her and still running strong! She has been and will continue to be my great Little ol' Blue.(She is actually teal but my son and I gave her that name a long time ago).