1992 Toyota Paseo Consumer Reviews 2

1992 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (44 reviews )
Best Car Ever
By paseofan on 06/26/08 19:07 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I'm writing this in tribute to my old faithful Toyota Paseo. After 14 years together it has left to live with another family that is going to restore it. The Paseo was my first car out of college, has traveled all across the country and has been a faithful and reliable friend. After nearly 300,000 miles, I cannot say enough words about what a wonderful small, affordable car it has been. The only repairs done on it have been from normal wear and tear. Once refurbished, I'm sure its new family will get another 200,000 miles out of it. Viva Paseo!

Nearing the half million mile mark
By aposak on 06/16/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

This has been a backup car and gas saver for myself, family, and friends over the past 5 years. It has been through numerous trips all over the Eastern US, from New England to Florida, as well as a daily commuter around town. I bought it with 216k miles on it, and have put over 200k of my own on. Still has the engine, transmission, and clutch I bought it with, which may be the originals. Burns half a quart of oil for every tank of gas, but I'm still getting 30+ mpg, and it still starts every day. Major repair was welding an exhaust flange back to the pipe. That's it.

Been Great
By Proud Owner on 04/22/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I've owned this since new & it's been a great car. It's still getting 36+ MPG on a regular basis. Other than regular scheduled maintance & normal wear & tear items it has been trouble free. Couldn't ask for anything more from the car.

375,000+ and going
By BlueThunder on 04/04/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Blue Thunder was once a baby back in (Aug.) 92 when I first got her. She was shiney, full of power (up to 100 horses worth) and had that spark in her eye. She was blue, not sad, but in color! She took me for a ride, and I was in heaven, been on this same ride ever since.

So fun to drive this car
By Howard Chin on 11/13/07 22:30 PM (PST)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

This is a great car for the average driver who doesn't need too much speed or acceleration. great on mileage, great handling, comfortable driver and passenger seat, but not so much the 2 back seats. Simple, yet very satisfying interior. roomy trunk, fun moon roof. Very very convenient. However, bumpy ride. Very loud engine, vibratesm bad acceleration, but overall, an A grade.

I wish I never had to get another car
By Der Komissar on 12/25/06 04:40 AM (PST)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I bought my Paseo in October 2002, it had about 78k miles at the time, now it's at 116k. This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned, period. It's starting to look a little rough, but the engine & tranny (automatic) both feel like they could go another 100k.

Love It!!!!
By Love It!!!!!! on 09/19/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I bought my '92 Paseo in July 1998 from the original owner. It was in great shape on only had 40k miles on it after 6 years. I've had several SUVs since then and after the latest gas price spike, parked the SUVs and have been driving this. I drive 35 miles one way to work daily. I was paying $75 week for gas in my Yukon XL but now spend $20-25. I am a single parent and the extra money helps. I would recommend this car to anyone on a budget as long as they don't have more than 1 or 2 small children. This is my weekday car. I love it!!!!!

Paseo EL44 1992
By jeffx on 07/29/06 17:10 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I bought this car recently due to high gas prices. I had owned Subarus in the past, and heard good things about Toyota. I was looking for a sporty coupe, and this filled the bill. Very reliable, fun to drive. Basic maintenence. Good MPG. Sporty looking and fits in my garage nicely.

Ive had her forever!
By Shes almost done on 06/24/06 13:13 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my 92' Paseo. I've had her since she was brand new. For me this car is ideal. Im 5'1, so those complaining its not that comfortable, for me it is. She fits into any parking space (although sometimes hard to find behind the giant SUV's. haha), drives like a champion, and doesn't look that bad. I have beat her up a little, she's been hit before, but still - shes like a tank! I don't want to get rid of her, but it's time to move on. I love her - but I need airbags. And she kinda scares me in the snow - here in NY winters can be brutal - and she's so light, she can blow away.

'92 Toyota Paseo
By Jace on 04/13/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I got my Paseo from a friend, who got it from an older gentleman who used it for a year and a half. When I got it, all it needed was a new air hose (hard to find but we synthesized it) and some rubber transmission seals that had worn down. When those were fixed, the car ran fine. It has a roomy seat for the driver and passenger, but the rear is a little tight for taller people, but perfect for kids. The engine is steady and reliable, and the features easily excessible. Ex: The spark plugs are readily available for changing right after you open the hood. I would recommend this car for a new couple or a kid learning how to drive a stick.