Used 1992 Toyota Paseo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (44 reviews )

Still goin'
By jliles77

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I recently purchased a 1992 Toyota Paseo and I couldnt have been happier with the performance and reliability. I have 245,000+ on mine and I look forward to 300,000. I just replaced both c.v. axles and needs a T.P. Sensor, but other than that the car gets EXCELLENT gas milage and has gotten me from a - b without a problem. Too bad they don't make them like they used to.

iiTSS FREAkiiN AWSoME!!
By paseo_luver

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

My dad bought me this car as my first car I've only had it for like 3 months and let me tell you I LOVE IT! It's a good car it runs great. At first I was kinda sketchy about it kuz it's a '92 and I thought it was a punishment to drive a car that old but now I don't even want to change cars at all. Its gets good mileage I fill it up once a week so it's really good for people that are on a budget (Like me). Final story If you have a chance to get it you should=D

Stylish but built to last.
By Marie G

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

184,000 miles and still cruising with fabulous gas mileage, peppy performance, minimal maintenance, and classic style. Sticker mileage was 19/23. But have always gotten 33/36. Heavy expressway traffic or Chicago blizzards might lessen that a bit. Almost zero problems - in 18 yrs, have paid only $6869 for all maintenance, including oil changes, flat tires, headlamps, et al. My friends keep telling me that "this car won't last." But they've been telling me that for the last 10 years. Though it's not the most luxurious, in 18+ years, this car has started every day (even today when it was 10 degrees). Like a young horse, fresh from the stable, it's always rarin' to go.

Sporty, peppy, easy to find city parking spots - only minor mechanical problems in 18 years. Other than regular maintenance items, replaced windshield washer motor, water pump, flex pipe, bulbs. That's about it.

Back seat is fit only for small children or medium- sized dogs. Trunk is weirdly shaped - keep bungee cords on hand if you need to transport anything. Back side panel design can create a blind spot - but once you know it's there, you deal with it.

My first new car
By my first love

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I saw this car when I was in my senior year of college down in Florida, and had to get it. I leased it at $200.00 a month for 5 years (remember that???) figuring I'd beat the hell out of it, and move on. Problem was, I averaged over 40K miles a year so I had to buy it! All told, I'm guessing I put about 300k to 325K miles on it in the 12 years that I had it. I gave it to a friend, whom I lost touch with and for all I know, it is still running to this day. Mine was a 5 speed with a small 1.5 liter engine. I averaged close to 40 mpg when I had it. Toward the end, it used about a quart of oil every thousand miles or so, and leaked antifreeze, but it always started up.

Sporty looking, nice sun roof, 40 + mpgs. Reliable as hell. It always got me where I want to go. Easy to park in the city, and cruised nicely at 75- 85 mph on the interstates. Good aerodynamics... hardly ever felt the wind. This car sold me on Toyotas!

They should have made this just a two seater. The back seat was basically useless.

Will always drive a Toyota
By Levi

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

My first vehicle was a 1986 Toyota 4x4 truck. When I was looking for a new car I only looked at Toyotas since I had never had a bad experience. Bought the car at 220,000 km in August 2004 from original owner, it is now over 300,000 km and still runs beautifully. I've had many offers on it, and a good friend bought the exact same car since he liked mine so much. It starts up on the coldest days (I've left it outside overnight in -45C conditions), however doesn't like icy roads.

gas mileage, handling, reliability and for a 1992, looks much newer.

anti-lock brakes, airbags, a/c