1992 Toyota Paseo 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Paseo - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (44 reviews )

1992 Paseo Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Amazing Car & Value
By jeffmich

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Bought my '92 Paseo 3 years ago for $550. I now have over 340K miles on it and it's going strong. It looks great, is fun to drive, and I get over 40 mpg. It's required maintenance (tires, brakes, shocks, spark plugs, etc) but no major repairs. It's currently 23 years old and I see no end in sight.

Favorite Features

The simplicity of the design is the greatest feature, you don't have alot of extra stuff you don't need. It's everything you want and looks sharp. It's just plain fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The rear seat head room is too low but you sort of expect it in a car of this nature.

Great MPG / Value
By tommadison

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Cheap to repair/insure/put gas in. If you drive under 10k miles a year this is a great car. I have driven across country x2 in it (for new jobs) and have had no issues with it. Bought at 115k miles now at 150k and only had to replace the brakes/tires,

Favorite Features

no one can fit in back....so you dont have to drive people around

Perfect first car
By toritown

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1992 Toyota Paseo 6 months ago at the end of my sophomore year of high school and as a 16 year-old I was pretty nervous about this purchase. I soon fell in love with this car because of its color, cute style, and of course because it's a standard! I bought the car with 165,000 miles and have had only two problems with it (in the course of 3,000 m): the gas peddle became partially detached and only worked when depressed halfway (peddle to the metal), my mother was able to fix this by adjusting the bolt; and the alternator belt needed replacing (which oddly set off the brake light). I get between 31mpg town and 44 highway, which I love. I find this car perfect for me.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage (31-44mpg), good turning radius, cute design, sun roof, crank-windows, enthusiastic trunk.

Suggested Improvements

The back seat was unfortunately designed for children for the country of origin of the car; all my friends love my car, as long as they sit in the front seat. The oil filter is at an awkward spot. The levels of the engine fluids are hard to read. The seat belts are a bit sticky, and although I love the spaceship like, dual action belts, they are confusing.

coolness
By sjm11

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

My uncle gave me his car which is toyota paseo '92. At first, I found it really cool. I like the features and style. Good thing I know how to drive stick shift so my uncle gave me the title of the car as a gift. It's my first car ever. I love the performance though there some few problems with it,. but I never turned me down yet. A friend of mine who has a car shop told me that it won't last for a week when we heard the harsh sound from the engine. And now, it was like 8 months and it's still running. From this car, I learned how to troubleshoot some failures such as checking fuses and changing batteries. I would never exchange this car. I will make it look more cool.. ^_^

Suggested Improvements

I changed my stereo 'coz I wanted some cd player. The problem was, when I changed it, the audio won't work anymore. I figured out that I might need new speakers. Would you recommend me where to get cheaper speakers for my car? I'm from Seattle, WA. [violative content deleted]

1992 Paseo parts VS Tercel
By madlr

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

Hello ! Just found a decent 1992 Paseo for 400$ yesterday ! I'm super happy ! These cars are cool, cheap on gas and fun.

Favorite Features

Big Sunroof, runs great, reliable, cheap on gas.

Suggested Improvements

Would anybody know the compatible (or uncompatible) parts between 1992 Paseo and a same year Tercel or similar model car depending how they called it in your country ? A scrap yard told me that Paseos don't have the same parts as it's Tercel sister... I would be suprised... Thanks Marc from Montreal, Canada

Still goin'
By jliles77

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I recently purchased a 1992 Toyota Paseo and I couldnt have been happier with the performance and reliability. I have 245,000+ on mine and I look forward to 300,000. I just replaced both c.v. axles and needs a T.P. Sensor, but other than that the car gets EXCELLENT gas milage and has gotten me from a - b without a problem. Too bad they don't make them like they used to.

iiTSS FREAkiiN AWSoME!!
By paseo_luver

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

My dad bought me this car as my first car I've only had it for like 3 months and let me tell you I LOVE IT! It's a good car it runs great. At first I was kinda sketchy about it kuz it's a '92 and I thought it was a punishment to drive a car that old but now I don't even want to change cars at all. Its gets good mileage I fill it up once a week so it's really good for people that are on a budget (Like me). Final story If you have a chance to get it you should=D

Stylish but built to last.
By Marie G

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

184,000 miles and still cruising with fabulous gas mileage, peppy performance, minimal maintenance, and classic style. Sticker mileage was 19/23. But have always gotten 33/36. Heavy expressway traffic or Chicago blizzards might lessen that a bit. Almost zero problems - in 18 yrs, have paid only $6869 for all maintenance, including oil changes, flat tires, headlamps, et al. My friends keep telling me that "this car won't last." But they've been telling me that for the last 10 years. Though it's not the most luxurious, in 18+ years, this car has started every day (even today when it was 10 degrees). Like a young horse, fresh from the stable, it's always rarin' to go.

Favorite Features

Sporty, peppy, easy to find city parking spots - only minor mechanical problems in 18 years. Other than regular maintenance items, replaced windshield washer motor, water pump, flex pipe, bulbs. That's about it.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat is fit only for small children or medium- sized dogs. Trunk is weirdly shaped - keep bungee cords on hand if you need to transport anything. Back side panel design can create a blind spot - but once you know it's there, you deal with it.

My first new car
By my first love

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

I saw this car when I was in my senior year of college down in Florida, and had to get it. I leased it at $200.00 a month for 5 years (remember that???) figuring I'd beat the hell out of it, and move on. Problem was, I averaged over 40K miles a year so I had to buy it! All told, I'm guessing I put about 300k to 325K miles on it in the 12 years that I had it. I gave it to a friend, whom I lost touch with and for all I know, it is still running to this day. Mine was a 5 speed with a small 1.5 liter engine. I averaged close to 40 mpg when I had it. Toward the end, it used about a quart of oil every thousand miles or so, and leaked antifreeze, but it always started up.

Favorite Features

Sporty looking, nice sun roof, 40 + mpgs. Reliable as hell. It always got me where I want to go. Easy to park in the city, and cruised nicely at 75- 85 mph on the interstates. Good aerodynamics... hardly ever felt the wind. This car sold me on Toyotas!

Suggested Improvements

They should have made this just a two seater. The back seat was basically useless.

Will always drive a Toyota
By Levi

1992 Toyota Paseo 2dr Coupe

My first vehicle was a 1986 Toyota 4x4 truck. When I was looking for a new car I only looked at Toyotas since I had never had a bad experience. Bought the car at 220,000 km in August 2004 from original owner, it is now over 300,000 km and still runs beautifully. I've had many offers on it, and a good friend bought the exact same car since he liked mine so much. It starts up on the coldest days (I've left it outside overnight in -45C conditions), however doesn't like icy roads.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, handling, reliability and for a 1992, looks much newer.

Suggested Improvements

anti-lock brakes, airbags, a/c