Used 1995 Toyota MR2 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MR2 model:

Smart mans Exotic
By Vanc

1995 Toyota MR2 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Having looked around for a number of years i found a fully loaded 1995 MR2 with an automatic. For the money you cant get a better mid engine car. The car drives like a go-cart. people mistaken this car for a Ferrari everywhere i drive. Sadly the car was rear ended at a red light at 40mph and totaled. I would definitely buy another one this year if i found one in mint shape. 1995 Toyota MR2 Black/Tan leather T-Tops

Favorite Features

Exotic looks, Very rare car, excellent handling,Excellent reliability-hand made by Yamaha in Japan 94-95 models,very fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

The paint quality could be improved,Could be tricky to drive fast with inexperienced drivers around turns. Should bring the car back with modern improvements

Affordable, reliable sportscar
By ray oconnor

1995 Toyota MR2 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned 5 Toyota mr2s. My 1995 is by far the best. Handles like it's on rails. Has timeless sportscar stying and looks. A very rare, affordable sportscar.

Favorite Features

Timeless good looks that still turns heads, even after almost 15 years. A rare car that is sure to be a collectible one day.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements? None! Only one complaint - please have Toyota bring this gem back to market!

Go kart on the streets!!
By steve403

1995 Toyota MR2 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've owned this car since the beginning of 2008. This car is a gem. The car has performed flawlessly. I've put about 10k miles since then with 0 problems. Handling is superb for a 13 yr old car. Handling is amazing and always fun to drive. Mid-engine layout is rare and only found in exotic cars. If you can find a 1995, get it. Toyota of North America only sold about 300 in 1995. Toyota reliability and build is legendary. Will keep this car for a very long time!

Favorite Features

Car is very low to the ground. The 93+ Mr2's are 1 inch lower than the 91-92. Car corners like a go kart. Seating posture is very comfortable. Maintenance is affordable and requires little if any!

Suggested Improvements

none at the moment.

Mid-Age Crisis
By bestpointguard

1995 Toyota MR2 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Turned 50 and wanted a real sport's car. I got it! I'll probably never sell this car. Might try to put a turbo in it some day. But when I originally took it for a test drive I said I'll never want anything again for the rest of my life. Beautiful, reliable, and fun to drive. Mine is a white t-top, looks brand new and I plan to keep it that way. Cost $35K in 1-5- 96. I paid $12.5 in 11-20-02. Best investment I ever made. Only problem - altenator needed to be replaced at 92,000 miles and I only got 20,000 miles on my Faulkens (love these tires).

Favorite Features

When clean and polished simply beautiful (mine is washed 2 or 3 times a week). Super stock stereo (fantastic bass). Engin sounds terrific. Feels the road like no other car I have ever driven. Loves the windy road!

Suggested Improvements

Mine is the non turbo and 40 extra horses is all I need. Altghough the 140 hp I have right now is enough for the turns!

Toyota MR-2
By J. M.

1995 Toyota MR2 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive. Extremely economical car.