Used 1995 Toyota MR2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
1995 MR2 Turbo
By MKII95T

1995 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

This car is unbelivable, you must find the nearest one and test drive it today.

Favorite Features

shortshift like shifter, race like clutch

Suggested Improvements

more horse, some stock mr2 parts can handle more, why not give it more?

Smart mans Exotic
By Vanc

1995 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

Having looked around for a number of years i found a fully loaded 1995 MR2 with an automatic. For the money you cant get a better mid engine car. The car drives like a go-cart. people mistaken this car for a Ferrari everywhere i drive. Sadly the car was rear ended at a red light at 40mph and totaled. I would definitely buy another one this year if i found one in mint shape. 1995 Toyota MR2 Black/Tan leather T-Tops

Favorite Features

Exotic looks, Very rare car, excellent handling,Excellent reliability-hand made by Yamaha in Japan 94-95 models,very fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

The paint quality could be improved,Could be tricky to drive fast with inexperienced drivers around turns. Should bring the car back with modern improvements

a poor man's ferrari
By Stephen W.

1995 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

excellent car for what i paid for. it has an ageless appearance that will always look good. And behind those great looks is an excellent 200hp engine that will push you to 0-60 in less then 6 seconds if you keep it in tune and learn to properly launch the car off the line.

Favorite Features

-Amazing great looks -Great performance for the dollar -exotic mid engine layout -rare 95 status (less then 300 made)

Suggested Improvements

needs clearcoat protection :( paint can show wear easily if not taken good care of.

Mid-Age Crisis
By bestpointguard

1995 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

Turned 50 and wanted a real sport's car. I got it! I'll probably never sell this car. Might try to put a turbo in it some day. But when I originally took it for a test drive I said I'll never want anything again for the rest of my life. Beautiful, reliable, and fun to drive. Mine is a white t-top, looks brand new and I plan to keep it that way. Cost $35K in 1-5- 96. I paid $12.5 in 11-20-02. Best investment I ever made. Only problem - altenator needed to be replaced at 92,000 miles and I only got 20,000 miles on my Faulkens (love these tires).

Favorite Features

When clean and polished simply beautiful (mine is washed 2 or 3 times a week). Super stock stereo (fantastic bass). Engin sounds terrific. Feels the road like no other car I have ever driven. Loves the windy road!

Suggested Improvements

Mine is the non turbo and 40 extra horses is all I need. Altghough the 140 hp I have right now is enough for the turns!

Toyota MR-2
By J. M.

1995 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

Fun to drive. Extremely economical car.