Used 1994 Toyota MR2 Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MR2 model:

Great car for price
By Toyota's 2

1994 Toyota MR2 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I recently bought my MR2 T-Tops. Sure it isn't very fast but the rest of the car more than makes up for it. It's a very solid car, it's really fun to drive and it handles very good in the dry and fairly well in the wet (not sure what its like in the snow but it shouldn't be too bad if you know what you're doing and have actual all season tires).

Styling, handling, not a very common car, mid engine rear wheel drive!

More HP. LSD as an option for the non turbo models would also been nice.

Worst Car ever
By MR2 Guy

1994 Toyota MR2 Coupe 2dr Coupe

Car was all, messed up. Really slow, stuttered and shook like crazy. Made it though year one and had 5 accidents with it in the snow. Car will not drive in rain or snow.

Suspension, speed, Horsepower

Fun in 4 wheels or less...
By Dgrey17

1994 Toyota MR2 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had my MR2 for about 6 years now. It's not the fastest car, nor will it stick to the pavement like some of the 17 and 18 inch tire behemoths. But of all the cars I have driven in my time (and I've had my fair share), I keep the MR2 while other cars come and go in my life because every time I get behind the wheel, I have fun. It's a blast to drive and just begs you to let it loose a little and forget about your job.

The styling is my favorite. Perhaps it's just me, but I find this car to be one of the best looking on the market, and that you don't see them on every corner just makes it all the better.

More power... of course, if I'd gotten the Turbo, that would solve that problem, but a car that is as adept in handling as this one and as nimble begs for more under the hood... erm... trunk...