Used 1992 Toyota MR2 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MR2 model:

Closest thing to a Porsche GT2
By I Love my DEUCE!!!

1992 Toyota MR2 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

As of today I still have yet to find a complaint. I absolutely enjoy driving this car. No issues with reliability at 150,000 miles and runs like clockwork. I ran a compression test the other day and it was only 5 points off of stock which says a lot regarding Toyota's reliability. What's crazy is that I push this engine on a regular basis and it does not give. Performance is superb but I do wish the 3rd generation motor for the 3sgte were allowed into the US, I could use the extra power sometimes. The corners are where this car really shines and I get compliments on how good the car looks (many people actually say it looks like a baby ferrari =) )

Favorite Features

Toyota reliability, cockpit, like driving a Porsche.

Suggested Improvements

Wider tires and more powerful motor (200 hp is great and it beats many cars on road but I want to beat all cars heh).

This Car is Amazing!
By Lostmind

1992 Toyota MR2 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

I've only had this car for less than a month but I absolutely Love it already. It's blue with blue interior. The body is in perfect shape and also completely Stock! The car gets up and goes with no problem what so ever. It gets a lot of looks and people awe to it. All I have to say is if you ever get the chance to get one, get it.

Favorite Features

Clean look, Turbo

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders

Nothing but problems
By Get something else

1992 Toyota MR2 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

I've owned the car for not even a month. Nothing but problems, clutch goes out, t-tops leak, turbo goes, gas tank has a leak. I had the car inspected by a certified mechanic before the purchase and there wasn't any issues. The car only has 68,000 miles. All those issues developed over the last 600 miles.

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

nothing

Built for car nuts! (marketed to who?)
By Min Time

1992 Toyota MR2 Coupe Turbo 2dr Coupe

I bought this car to autocross - best $ I ever spent. 200k+mi and runs like a top. Modified to 300+ HP and pulls strong all the way to the redline - whereupon the engine disapointedly yields to the rev limiter. It feels at home on a track where full throttle, full braking, full cornering are the order of the day. Great platform on which to learn car control at its limits, but do this only in a safe environment - track or autocross. At the drag strip, it lays down power very efficiently. Even at 300HP, it launches strong (no wheel spin) and accelerates at 0.8G in first! Gotta love the mid engine configuration. A true low $ sports car for the auto enthusiast!

Favorite Features

Corner exit at the limit under acceleration. :D Fully adjustable suspension (camber caster, toe both front and rear). A car I can work on myself.

Suggested Improvements

Sports springs and shocks along with wider wheels = exotic handling and looks. In stock form, interior noise is OK, but its easy to raise interior noise to unaceptable levels w/ certain mods. Improved lighting - 94+ tail lights, and low profile headlights.

love at first drive
By scott

1992 Toyota MR2 Coupe 2dr Coupe

I drove this car once and now i can't stop. Very fun to drive and easy upgradable. This car gets very good gas mileage and performs very well. It is low seating and the car feels if it wraps around you for a very comfortable and in control feeling. One of the best cars I have ever drove. Once you go Mr2 you will not want anything else.

Favorite Features

Handling and all around performance. Also the very sporty look

Suggested Improvements

None