BEST OLD FERRARI YOU CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD
By JJay on
1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe
Car has 268,000 miles and was purchased with 230,000. Previous owner had receipts. I have driven the car with virtually no problems which is unheard of in a 19 year old car. Timing belt is non-interference so if it breaks it will not bend your valves. Air condition in a car this old usually does not work so I will have to fix that but car drives so well and handles so well you just can't find anything with looks this contemporary and Exotic for this fraction of a price. I paid $1800 cash in 2007. Repairs have been new alternator, new clutch, replaced radio & speakers, minor fix on t-top leaks, wheel alignment. That's nothing on a 19 year old car. I drive it daily & it turns heads always
Favorite Features
T-tops are great when you want open air driving. Engine is peppy and gets great fuel mileage. I love how easy it is to update the look of the car. You can get larger wheels or a bodykit. Even in 2010 people still stare and look at the car like it is a Lotus exige or older Ferrari. I Love it!
Suggested Improvements
I upgraded the flip up 6054 headlights to new XENON H.I.D.'s. I also added L.E.D. front parking lights and tailights to modernize to 2010 style. Performance wise I have air intake, race headers and exhaust for extra power. Headers make it faster.