1991 Toyota MR2 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Bang for the Buck!

1991 Toyota MR2 Coupe - Consumer Review

Bang for the Buck!
By Senna21 on

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

Bought it w/ just over 100k on the odometer. The only mechanical repairs I've had was to rebuild the power steering due to a leak and replace emergency brake cables. Previous owner wasn't too mechanically inclined and I've had to fix some problems due to his poor mechanic skills. Parts are expensive and Labor time adds up due to mid engine design. Luckily I do most of them myself. That said, this is one of the best cars I have ever owned!! Engine is bullet proof and over engineered to 400hp. Handles better than a Ferrari 348 with the same acceleration time. Dollar for dollar this the best looks and performance you can get.

Favorite Features

Styling. Driving with the T-tops off! 140k+ miles and I've gotten 30mpg on the highway. Lots of performance upgrades available. Wonderful MR2 owners community (MR2 message board) to help get information.

Suggested Improvements

Sway bar upgrade and 1993 chin spoiler to help with high speed instablility. New E-brake design- the're know to freeze up. Larger wheels and tires.