1991 Toyota MR2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MR2 model:
Just buy one and You'll see!
By D.S. Images on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

I could go on for ever about this car but Im limited to 700 charecters. I have been an Audi lover my whole life and have now come to the conclusion that the MR2 is the best car ever! I have owned it for years and have never done a thing to it but standard maintence. And I beat the hell out of this car by racing it and redlining it daily. This car wont die and is incledibly fun to drive.

ultimate sports car
By KillerNSX on 07/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

Awesome! Tail happy when purposefully slung around...minor suspension mods and you won't be able to lose traction even with 275+ hp.

Fun & Flashy
By lul on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

people look everywhere we go, kids are in awe. love the feeling of power. have own several cars (still do), this a my favorite to ride or drive!

If you can afford to buy...buy
By Dale L on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

If you your looking for a sports car, this little road rocket should be on the list. Watch for early production manual transmission problems though. Other than that and faded red paint {unless another color which is rare}, the car is really fun to drive. Turbo MR-2's are getting hard to find and should be a collectors item. Grab one if you have the money!! Toyota reliable.

who needs a ferrari
By msmith on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

I've owned MR2's for a few years now and have finally come to the realization that I am obsessed. Besides the fact that it is extremely fast(especially with some performance parts), it is comfortable to drive in for long periods of time, has more luggage space than you would expect, and has that legendary Toyota reliability. By far the most excitement for the money.( Who cares if it doesn't have cup holders, nop real sports car should!)

Junk car
By Jerry91 on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

This car stinks. Its a piece of junk.It is so small inside. It's not COMFORTABLE to ride in especially in the city because it has very bad suspension and it is so small that somebody can can just ride over the car and crush the car and may kill you.

Best Used Sports Car ever..
By NYMR2 on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle when it was 50k miles old.. I've since put an additional 62k on it. Although I no longer use it as a commuter car (12k miles per year) I still love this little rocket ship. Red, t-tops, 200hp and a rockin stereo will always make for a great day and an envigorating experience to anyone who drives one. Every time I take it out of the garage it seduces me. This should be a collectors car.

'91 MR2 - Sporty, Reliable, Fun to Drive
By Cali Doggie on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

This is a great little sports car. It's fast, fun to drive, and nothing ever goes wrong with it. It handles better than any other car on the road. It looks and sounds great too. People stop to look at it anytime I go anywhere. Everyone thinks it is a Ferrari. People are always asking what it is and if it is new. The only compaint I can even think of is that it doesn't have cupholders!

Hard to find more fun for the price!
By gibbie on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

I've owned the MR2 for 7 years and have loved every moment. It's most fun on a country road where you can push it to its limits.

Best inexpensive sports car in the world
By Dale Adkins on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

I bought the car used in 97 and have since logged 130K on the car. The only caost have been changing the timing belt and new brake rotors. The car still runs perfect and looks better than most cars that have half the miles and age. This is by far the best car for people who want a daily driver exotic. Huge cult following for these cars makes for great club events.